357 is at it again!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IrfaanSE801
    Because Chad would just delete it :ROTF: That's what seems to happen when anyone says something sensible and or negative towards anything they are involved with
    makes sense.

Comment

• Well I know this is a obvious point that has been made time and again, but I feel we should remember. In regards to the first 2 deals. We paid for a $100 gift certificate (which I had no problem using or getting my merchandise) a $32 die cast model (which took a little bit by I believe most of us received) and $32 dollars for shipping which included shipping the FREE guitar.(I think this was how it was broke out) So last I checked we are still waiting for the FREE guitars. Yes the way this is being handled sucks but I for one can wait for my guitars. We will get them. I dont believe this is some "ponzi" scheme or any other scheme. I think this company wanted to launch in a big way with a promotion and it got out of hand.
      As for the last deal with the MP4 player. The clock is now running on when they should be in. I can give a little wiggle room on this because I do believe there is no malice in anything they have done. Just poor judgement.
      I will be happy when my (4) arrive as I know you all will too. Those of you that decide to hang.
      My 2 cents...
      "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

• Consider that Dell doesn't actually make a profit on the computers they sell. They actually make their money on the float and the financing.

I suspect that they are holding the money until some "break even point" -- not necessarily meaning 0 loss, but some reasonable cost for a promotion.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

• The problem with this "Free" guitar is that nobody would have purchased a $100 gift certificate or paid for a $32 die cast model if the guitar wasn't part of the deal. After looking at 357's store I found that most of the merchandise, which you can use your gift certificate for, is overpriced. In my opinion, $27.95 for a tee shirt with the company logo (for a company that nobody knows) is way overpriced. What do you think it really cost to make a t-shirt with a logo in large quantities, maybe $3 or $4 max? Lastly, $1497 for a generic laptop is laughable.

Stating that the guitar was "Free", as the original deal states, is false or at least misleading. They used a “free” guitar as a way to bait us into buying their crap. In all honesty, can anybody say they would have purchased anything from this company had they not offered a "free" guitar?

So my argument is yes, people definitely have a right to be pissed and to have to wait around for a “free” guitar. After all, nothing is free in this world, especially when you have to pay out pocket. If they were really giving away a free guitar then they should have just asked us to sent them our mailing address, then it truly would have been free.
          Last edited by krimson; 05-05-2006, 03:33 PM.
          Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

• Originally posted by BTB007
            This has been clarified. Chad will no longer be posting at Slickdeals about 357. He is still the "official" 357 go-between on the BLS forum.
            See that's just the thing. Everything they say ends up "meaning" something else later on. They can call it "clarified"...I call it lying.

Comment

• Originally posted by krimson
              The problem with this "Free" guitar is that nobody would have purchased a $100 gift certificate or paid for a $32 die cast model if the guitar wasn't part of the deal. After looking at 357's store I found that most of the merchandise, which you can use your gift certificate for, is overpriced. In my opinion, $27.95 for a tee shirt with the company logo (for a company that nobody knows) is way overpriced. What do you think it really cost to make a t-shirt with a logo in large quantities, maybe $3 or $4 max? Lastly, $1497 for a generic laptop is laughable.

Stating that the guitar was "Free", as the original deal states, is false or at least misleading. They used a “free” guitar as a way to bait us into buying their crap. In all honesty, can anybody say they would have purchased anything from this company had they not offered a "free" guitar?

So my argument is yes, people definitely have a right to be pissed and to have to wait around for a “free” guitar. After all, nothing is free in this world, especially when you have to pay out pocket. If they were really giving away a free guitar then they should have just asked us to sent them our mailing address, then it truly would have been free.
              Exactly. They can call what ever they want free...bottom line is it's a package deal of a guitar, toy bike, and a gift certificate or MP3 player. What do you think all the money is going towards? It's not a $5 toy or $20 worth of t-shirts or MP3 player.

Comment

• A dude over on slickdeals just got a Buzzsaw Epi. He was in on the Feb. mp4 deal, order number 52xx. He got it via Fed Ex, weird. If this is true, 1), they're not shipping in order as they stated and 2), this is the first confimed Buzzsaw guitar shipped.

Comment

• Okay, it is TRUE!
                  He just uploaded a photo...

Comment

• Wow,great news!

Comment

• I told you guys. Just be patient.....and in 2 weeks, watch all the whiney bitches from SlickDickDeals kill E-bay with them.-Lou
                      " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

• Originally posted by veemagic
                        Well I know this is a obvious point that has been made time and again, but I feel we should remember. In regards to the first 2 deals. We paid for a $100 gift certificate (which I had no problem using or getting my merchandise) a $32 die cast model (which took a little bit by I believe most of us received) and $32 dollars for shipping which included shipping the FREE guitar.(I think this was how it was broke out) So last I checked we are still waiting for the FREE guitars.
                        What krimson and sworn enemy said. And like some really good looking guy said earlier in this very thread:

Originally posted by axtogrind
                        Not how the Feds will look at it if / when seeking mail and wire fraud indictments. The mail fraud statute doesn't give a shit if they call it a 'free guitar with purchase,' if their action(s) otherwise fit the definition.

Not saying they do or don't, I don't have any idea, but the 'hey, the guitar was free' defense isn't going to help one whit if anybody does end up in trouble.
                        The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

• The problem is, they've had your money for a few months now......do you suppose they'll pay you any interest? I guarantee you that if 5000 people would loan me $130.00 for 6 months interest free, I could make some serious money. Just some food for thought.
                          I've said all along that the only thing that makes sense is that they use the "time value of money" to their benefit. Like any other business, they have been vague all along about the guitars.

Like...the guitars will start shipping by the end of March. That's not a deadline people, it's a starting point. And all they have to do to comply with most laws that I know is be in the process of receiving and shipping some guitars.

Also, the "pick-ups don't work". I do not remember seeing Chad specifically say that the EMG's were the problem. Just that the pick-ups did not work. I have not looked at the SlickDeals forum except for one time where I read three posts, and decided I had better things to do with my time.

Do I think Chad has lied? Hell yes! All companies will lie and change deadlines because that is what all companies do when something happens and shit hits the fan. I also believe he was told what to tell by those higher up than him (i.e. Tim and Daniel) in the scheme of things. Also, any owner of a company will throw a lower down under the bus to save face, and appear that they truly care in an effort to rebuild trust and smooth feelings over. I've seen that way more times than I can count.

I for one think that the longer this drags out, the more possibility there is of 357 just saying fuck it and cancelling the orders that have not been filled. Now I do think that orders that have been partially (i.e. die casts and gift certificates redeemed) filled will stand a chance of getting the guitars because it would be very difficult to reverse those transactions.

I don't see any way in hell that there will be legal problems at this time for 357 assuming they can prove they have ordered the gutiars and MP4 players. All they have to show at this time is intent to deliver.

All the chest thumping, demanding, and "I'll get a lawyer" isn't going to do one damn thing in my opinion to speed up the process. I'm just going to sit back, and bide my time and wait on the guitars. Everything that has happened so far has been "normal" IMHO.

Comment

• Originally posted by BTB007
                            Okay, it is TRUE!
                            He just uploaded a photo...

Wow man, that is the one I got in on. They are really nice looking I really hope 356(357) whatever it takes-delivers Jack.

Comment

• It's TRUE !!!!!! So is Santa and the Easter Bunner. The factory gets this mega order above and beyond their regular output. They will be producing as fast as they can. When ,and if, you guys get these guitars, I sure hope when you go to sell them you say: "This was from a limited special run of guitars offered by 357 Customs.":ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:
                              I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

• The January offer said

"Simply head over to www.357customs.com and jump on the store...you will see the mp4 players/diecast packages under 357 Electronics. With a purchase of one of these packages, your guitar will automatcially [sic] be shipped to you in March! MP4 players will ship in 8-10 weeks, and diecasts will ship in 2 weeks."
                                Nothing vague about that.

"And all they have to do to comply with most laws that I know..."

Key words, those last three.

"All companies will lie and change deadlines because that is what all companies do when something happens and shit hits the fan."

"Also, any owner of a company will throw a lower down under the bus to save face, and appear that they truly care in an effort to rebuild trust and smooth feelings over."

What a sad, twisted, fucked up world that describes.

"... because it would be very difficult to reverse those transactions."

Not difficult at all.

"I don't see any way in hell that there will be legal problems at this time for 357 assuming..."

Then know that there is a lot more to the law than you can see. You aren't alone in that, it is true for me as well, and a LOT of people who have practiced law for a lot longer than I have.
                                The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

Working...
                                X