No announcement yet.

357 is at it again!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look fellas, I doubt anyone here or involved in this deal thinks any less of you because you're getting out of the deal! You don't have to apologize or feel "bad" about doing that at all. If I didn't have my stuff yet, I'd probably be all over the chargeback with my card, I sure as hell can't blame you
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

• Yeah man, you gotta follow your gut feeling! Its your money and youve got a right to get it back if the deal isnt right. Ill wait until the end of this month, make some direct contact, then cancel if need be.
      Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

• I got all my merchandise already. I sent them an email 4 days ago inquiring about the status of the guitar. Just got their reply now.
        "Joe,
        We have finally gotten some of the guitars in and they have been shipping out, as quickly as possible, in the order purchased. You should have your guitar within the month. When it ships you will be notified by e-mail and able to track the package.
        Thank You -
        357 Customs"
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

• That same "form email" has been floating around for at least a week now and yet not one person has received a guitar. Unless they are using USPS parcel post shipping, at least a few people should have posted that they have received a guitar by now.

Comment

• Well, for what it's worth, I did get the credit back on my credit card. So, golly gee, they must be legit. Damn, I wish I hadn't gotten out now.

Comment

• For a retailer, a refund costs nothing compared to getting hit with a chargeback, which varies per bank. Some banks simply charge $5 per chargeback. Some charge according to volume, with fees costing more as more chargebacks are incurred. Sometimes they can be as high as $50 each occurence! That may be why 357 is doing the refunds without hassle, they don't want to get eaten alive on chargeback fees.
              Last edited by texasfury; 05-14-2006, 02:48 AM.
              Just a guitar player...

Comment

• Well, I emailed 357 to cancel my order to get a refund last week and still haven't heard back from them. I might just have to do a chargeback with my cc.
                And, I can't stop from checking that stupid thread over on slickdeals. I guess I'm addicted to finding out more info about this mess. That dude, chokeu2, is actually on the phone with Daniel again right now. So, maybe we'll get some more lies today!

Comment

• Always try to get the refund first. A chargeback is for when refund requests do not work, and the retailer has not delivered on a transaction promise. Always try to get documentation that the retailer did not want to deliver as promised, such as amails, phone recordings, etc.
                  Just a guitar player...

Comment

• My diecast is on the way. I just got an email from 357 about it. Still no news about the guitars.
                    "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

• Originally posted by texasfury
                      A chargeback is for when refund requests do not work, and the retailer has not delivered on a transaction promise.
                      You mean like this transaction promise?

With a purchase of one of these packages, your guitar will automatcially be shipped to you in March! MP4 players will ship in 8-10 weeks, and diecasts will ship in 2 weeks.
                      The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

• Yes, but they also have to not want to refund your money. Try the refund route first.
                        Just a guitar player...

Comment

• Like I've said before in this thread, you can do both at the same time. And you should ask for a refund and initiate the chargeback, if, like me, you now believe that the delivery delay is caused by the fact that the whole thing was a scam.

If, however, someone is cancelling their order simply because they want to cancel it, but otherwise still believe that this is not a fraudulent scheme, then great – just ask for a refund, and wait for the honorable people at 357 who have your money to do the right thing. Oh wait a minute. Isn't that what we were all doing, while waiting for the guitars before we canceled?

If it is a scam, they will stop refunding cancelled orders at some point: either by choice, or because they have been shut down and their accounts frozen.

Comment

• axtogrind...correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't you received a refund from 357?

If it is a scam
                            At this point, sure it's all speculation. You're speculating it's a scam, and I'm speculating that it's not.

If, however, someone is cancelling their order simply because they want to cancel it, but otherwise still believe that this is not a fraudulent scheme
                            I'm going to assume this didn't come out right. To me it sounds like you're saying that someone will cancel their order, but still believe that this whole promotion is legitimate.

If it is a scam, they will stop refunding cancelled orders at some point: either by choice, or because they have been shut down and their accounts frozen.
                            But they haven't quit cancelling orders. I've seen several posts over the past few days from people who had their orders cancelled within a week or so time frame. Until someone can prove to me they are refusing to cancel orders, then I don't see a problem.

Just please try to stick to the facts rather than speculate. I'm sure those of us on here that have stayed in this promotion can make educated and logical decisions about why we're staying in.

Comment

• Its not a scam, its just a poorly executed promotion with no business model from a company that has no experience in selling merchandise (just building bikes I guess).

Comment

• Originally posted by Razor
                                Just please try to stick to the facts rather than speculate.
                                Tell you what I'll do: I won't read anything into your posts that isn't actually there, or infer anything about you, or accuse you of anything, or presume to tell you how to post whatever the fuck you want to at the JCF (or anywhere else for that matter) that isn't about me. My posts say what they say, nothing more, nothing less, nothing particularly worth anything to anybody. Whether any are read, or understood, is out of my control.

Comment

Working...
                                X