X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should I do

I've got a little money saved up. Around $2500

Right now, I've got a 81 Caddilac and a 84 Jeep CJ7

It's either I spend the money on Gear(Amp and 2 guitars, witha little going towards the Jeep)

Or wait to find a bike in that price range. I'd love a bike again as I haven't had one in about 6 months but I have a play toy in the Jeep, abd I also want new gear too. I just can't make up my mind [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
    I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Re: What should I do

What sucks is I don't Drive as much as I used to since I live only a half a mile from work now. It'd be a really crappy ride on a bike. I just don't think i'd use a bike as much as I use to. Plus for cruising on Friday nights I have the Jeep. Where the Gear I'd use every night

Comment

Looks like you already have a decision.
      http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

I guess a mutual fund is out of the question?
        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I can't play Crazy Train on a mutual Fund. Or ride it

Comment

This whole thing bolils down to my Dad, Calling me and the past week and telling me the Bikes and Cars he's seen for sale, Vs. me just buying gear. If I by a bike with $2500 unless it's a Cop KZ1000 It's not what I want and any car at $2500 needs another $3000 to restore. I can be content with a JCM 800, a nice Charvel or Jackson and a Tele. then put a little money into the Jeep. My Dad I think, thinks my Guitar spending is kinda Frizalous. I'm a Drummer. Always have been always will be and have a AWSOME drum set. I really suck at guitar but Have way fun with it. He thinks of me as a drummer as that's been the only real thing I've ever played in a real band. now that I have my own house and a driver car and a toy. I'm just thinking what I can do. It's not that he doesn't want me to play music. My Parants bought me my 1st Set of drums and guitsr at age 3. He thinks the 9 Guitars and 1 amp I have are fine right now. I just want more [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Also every time I have money, there's nothing That really excites me. It seems I always have to settle

Comment

don't settle donny. save your money until you don't have to settle.
              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

that's where the JCM comes in hand. I've always wanted a JCM800 and it's the right amp for me. I've gone through the 5150, the Fender half stack and my Crate and have always wanted a JCM combo. But If I buy this, I'm stuck in the Gear buying mode and won't have bike money saved till October(that's actually probally better to buy a bike on October as it's off season)

Comment

That's also why I went and put all my money into the bank today, It'll only let me get $400 cash out a day. That way it'll make me think of what I'm buying 1st if I have to go down to BECU and get my cash out or if I have to use my card, Where If I have cash. and I look at something, even if I lowball them I'm still just spending paper in my pocket

Comment

I was just saying, it's never too early to start saving some money. lots of people end up at 40 yrs old with nothing to their name, still having to work that shit job to make ends meet.

people who invest early, and look to get an ownership stake in something (real estate, a business, stocks) usually do much better in the long run. that's all.

ok no more soapbox. but you know I'm right.

Comment

Kinda Yes. It's only $2500 not that much of an investment. After all my bills and stuff I have about $400-$500 Free/Savings money every month. so if I buy gear with this save till october I have the best of both worlds and I'm only 23

Comment

rationalize all you want to [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] but still the sooner one starts investing, the better.

but I love gear too. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] especially a JCM800 combo, that is on my list bigtime. I just can't justify that right now while paying a big mortgage and saving for two kids' college. it comes sooner than you think. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

D, I think you, Seventh Son, Fett, and I need to go on a bender in downtown Seattle with that $2500.

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

That sounds a lot cooler than a Mutual Fund!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X