• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Band Manager Admits.....

CNN.com - Band manager to admit club fire deaths - Jan 31, 2006
    http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/01/31/cl....ap/index.html

Re: Band Manager Admits.....

I didn't realize this situation was still playing out.

Comment

What a fucked up situation. I don't know what to think really.

If HE REALLY did play into them all dying, and didn't get railroaded and is a scapegoat, then that sentence is awfully light.

Knowing the justice system is pretty screwed up, I'll have to wonder about what role he really played in it all and whether he really did what they made it out to be.

Comment

wow. this all sucks all the way around.

not sure that blaming people for this accident is the right way to go. I just don't know the details to know if that is warranted.
        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Hes a ringer to get the guys that owned the place-

Sad though doesn't bring the people back-

Comment

No one purposely set the place on fire with the intentions of killing all those people. It was an accident. The problem with the judicial system is that when people get hurt or killed we HAVE to blame somebody. In a court of law there are no accidents. I wonder how many of those folks were brought back to life by dragging the poor band manager and club owners through all this shit? Doesn't make a bit of sense to me. Years ago a very good friend of mine was heading to work one morning and a 6 year old kid ran right out in front of his car. It happened too fast for him to do anything, and the child was killed. That in itself fucked his mind up pretty good, and was something he would have to live with the rest of his life. Then the kids parents filed charges, dragged his ass through courts for over a year, and he ended up serving 5 years. When he finally got out he was so fucked up in the head he'll never succeed at anything. He's a basket case to this day. Did that bring the kid back? Hell no.
            My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

I don't get it. Are they saying he didn't have premission to light off the fireworks ??

The club owners ae the ones that installed the flammable foam that was against code.

Comment

Unfortunatley, he hit the button that lit the pyro.Dont think he is "guilty " of murder tho.It was an accident, no rock band wants to kill thier fans, especially ones that play to a few hundred these days.

I dont know if anyone is guilty of manslaughter, Im with John on this one, dont know what to think.

Isaw some of the victims on CNN with great white last year on larry king.Some of them blame the band for it.very sad to watch as most of them had permanent scars and or plastic surgery just to look human again.

You know,the owners didnt have permits to use that stuff in thier club, but someone flicking a cigerette could have done the same damage.That building lit up like it was made out of paper.One minute and the whole place was on fire? What a f-up situation.I used to see Ty Longley play around town here in cover bands, cool dude who had all the girls wanting him. RIP

Comment

He and the club owners are getting what they deserved.
                  No it won't bring the poeple back, but their actions caused the deaths. This was not an accident, it was pure neglangence.
                  10 years for killing 100 people is getting off easy.
                  They ignored fire saftey and building codes.
                  They were required by law to obtain a permit for indoor pyrotechnics, which they didn't have, and a fire marshall was supposed to sign off on the display.
                  None of these things happend.
                  -Rick

Comment

But all of those points dont blame the manager for the fire.All your points are about the owners neglagence.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      It was an accident.

[/ QUOTE ]

right. that's why they're not being charged with murder. they're being charged with 100 counts of "you killed someone you dumb careless mother fucker".

[ QUOTE ]
                      The problem with the judicial system is that when people get hurt or killed we HAVE to blame somebody.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's because there *are* people that are responsible for this.

[ QUOTE ]
                      In a court of law there are no accidents. I wonder how many of those folks were brought back to life by dragging the poor band manager and club owners through all this shit? Doesn't make a bit of sense to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

so what do you suggest? let these fucktards go unpunished? their carelessness caused 100 people to die. just because they didn't act with malice doesn't mean they should not be punished.
                      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

True Tim.

Every club i go to now, i look for all the exits, never did that before.

Comment

Involuntary Manslaughter. I.E., your careless actions caused death.

To be honest, I don't know why you would be lighting off pyro in that little club, that is damned irresponsible and negligent to say the least. However, I lay the majority of the blame on the club owners for operating what was essentially a tinderbox and allowing piles of fans in there. That place was a deathtrap, pyro display or no pyro display.

Mike
                          Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

+1 Mike.
                            I agree the owners should take the brunt of the responsiblilty for this. The manager however should not have been the one throwing the switch on the pyro. That's something that only a trained pro should be doing. And any true pyrotechnician would not have done it.
                            -Rick

Comment

People have to pay for poor decisions. I'm sorry this isn't just an ooops accident. This is an irresponsible calculation that ruined literally thousands of peoples lives. 100 were dead. 200 were injured. Their families. Of course no ones intent was for death but they sure didn't show any responsibility in making sure that deaths didn't happen.

Sidenote is that one wierd looking headshot or is it just me?
                              I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                              So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Working...
                              X