No announcement yet.

I've always thought this was cool....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I\'ve always thought this was cool....

FYI - These aren't my pictures (or my site, for anyone keeping tabs at home)... I was just looking around on the web for some stock pictures of the Chicago skyline to get ideas for web projects and I came across them. I thought they were cool, so I decided to share.

I've never seen the Thunderbirds or Blue Angels that close. They'd be in some serious trouble if they got that close to my office window... (I'm on the 19th floor of a 30 story building with a couple taller buildings very close by) Is there a performance group comprised of Harriers? They might be able to buzz my office at close range. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
    Occupy JCF

Comment

When on approach the C 130's are about 500 feet above us,you have no clue how freakin HUGE those things are...
      Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Wow that is some cool stuff...I would not get any work done either It is like the air show with no traffic.Tekky you should wear shorts and one of those visors to work that day with like a lawn chair [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have the distinction of having the only cube that faces the window. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
        Occupy JCF

Comment

I live in Annapolis where we get to see the Blue Angels fly every year at the Naval Academy. I've seen them 20 times and it's exciting every time. Those things sneek up on you and before you know it you're staring up at landing gear. It really makes you appreciate how vulnerable we are.
          "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
          I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Very cool shots, Tekky.

Man, they never let us come screaming downtown at those altitudes or speeds. We're usually limited to 250 knots below 10,000 ft.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep..that's the rule.

Comment

Great link! I work in a building that is just off the first picture near Navy Pier. During practice the 2-3 days before the show they constantly fly over the building and plant I work at so we pretty much get to see the whole show. Unfortunately cameras aren't allowed. One of my co-workers told me that about 5 years ago one of the Blue Angels flew past our office building so fast and low that it blew out a handful of windows in the building! They also allow the choppers to land here in the lot. Last year when I was leaving work, I was walking in the lot to my car and out of no where one of the Thunderbirds flew directly over my head so low I literally jumped straight up in the air. I had no clue he was even coming until he passed overhead...the afterburners WERE on!

- Joel
              RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
              RIP Dime

Comment

I'm suprised they even let that happen with the shit that has been going on. THat's really bitching! With the speeds they are at, flying that low takes some skill, and som serious balls.

Thanks for the pics tek.

Comment

I was at an Airshow at Greenham Common, way back in the early 80's - before they closed the base and before they were too bothered about crowd safety!
                  One of the turns was an old EE Lightning (Two HUGE engines and a pair o'wings [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]). At the end of his display, he made a low pass down the runway at about 100 feet - at .96 Mach! [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] (We're talking around 700mph here)
                  That sat a whole lot of people on their asses!

Comment

Working...
                  X