Hello kitty for my 5 yr old?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hello kitty for my 5 yr old?

Mike Kotzen asked us about what Jackson/Charvel could do to counter the Hello Kitty line... I suggested the Happy Bunny Charvel...

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    Occupy JCF

Comment

it would be so awesome if someone in a well-known death metal band would use one of those live once, just for kicks

Comment

I dig the guitar and I'm considering getting one for my daughter... I wish it had a traditional strathead instead of the CBS era fugly thing, but it's still kinda cool.
        -Rick

Comment

I'd consider getting one for myself to play live haha, that would be awesome.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            If i got one maybe i could pick up chicks..Maybe not.Thats so wrong in so many ways....

[/ QUOTE ]
            Or other gay men...

Comment

I dunno about that one..
              But..

I used to TEAR IT UP! on the Epiphone PeeWee Vee.

Comment

I like the shade of pink. If it wasn't for the Hello Kitty graphic I would pick one up. Does that make me girly? I happen to like pink.

Comment

This is what happens if they start playing too young http://cgi.ebay.com/Jackson-Kelly-copy-u...1QQcmdZViewItem [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                  I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

I saw those in the MF catalog, I would think they would be a better choice than the daisy rock guitars, I do wonder why they didn't make em shorter scale though
                    I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

I've checked out those Daisy Rocks for my girls, and they aren't bad. I bought my kids old Ibanez ProLines, though.

If my 5 year old daughter wanted that Hello Kitty guitar so she could be more like Daddy, hell yeah I'd buy it! Flute, violin, I've bought my girls whatever. Studying music makes kids smarter, you know, like all of us! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                      Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

I just now caught this post and to add my two cents.
                        I bought my nine year old daughter a Black Epiphone Les Paul Junior and I just bought my 12 year old daughter a Dean Vendetta for her birthday and the Dean is a good choice since its lightweight.But my nine year old makes up goofy songs all of the time,whatever is on her mind.
                        I'm paying on a Jackson bass and I've got a crappy drumset so I'm hoping to jam with them someday,maybe some Deicide. [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]
                        Just kidding

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          If you are thinking of getting a guitar for a kid, I seriously recommend a very light "mini guitar".

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. A few years ago when one of my nephews had just turned 6 he was dying to learn to play guitar so I let him pick one from the collection. He picked a BCR ST-III and I set it up with .08s but both the guitar body and scale length were too much for him until he was 8/9. He got frustrated and the guitar sat under his bed for several years until he finally gave it to his little brother (10) the past year. The smaller the guitar and the shorter the scale the better when they're young IMHO.
                          Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Working...
                          X