Can I get an opinion from you guys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I get an opinion from you guys?

I feel in love with a Gibson Les Paul Standard.
    I have one now, plus 4 other electrics, and a 12 str. aco/ele.
    I have a Marshall DSL half stack that I'm thinking of trading in for the guitar, which would leave me with no amp to gig with. Fortunately the band I'm in runs everything through processors with no amps at all on stage, so I don't need the amp, and right now I only use the half stack for practice on my own.
    I figure I can get a Marshall anytime but I haven't seen many of thses LPs with this color and neck profile.
    Am I making the right choice? Thanks in advance for any opinions [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Re: Can I get an opinion from you guys?

If the guitar is that important to you do the trade, then get a little practice amp for the house.
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Sounds like you've already justified it. So, I'll agree with you and say go for it!

Comment

ok, thanks.
        It's just the thought of not having an actual amp powerful enough to gig with if I was asked to fill in for someone or something like that just feels weird.

Comment

Scott,

A lot of guys are using the modeling stuff.. too bad you didn't mess with my Vetta when I came down .. podxt lives are inexpensive and serve well for the type of gig you play ... then you could use it with headphones at home and direct at a gig you won't need more amps ..
          Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Well I picked up the Boss GT-8 and I've been using it for about a month. I'm supposed to get together with the other guitar player today to tweak it, he's great with that type of stuff, so i'm sure I'll be happier with it tonight.
            It's a very easy load in, so it's cool in that sense, and yes doing the cover thing it's pretty conveinent, but nothing replaces a real tube amp, ya know?

Comment

True about the modelers. I've never seen a home "practice" environment that needed a half stack anyway.
              My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Well I was gigging with the amp with the band I was in before, so now it just sits, waiting around for me to practice when no one is home... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  It's a very easy load in, so it's cool in that sense, and yes doing the cover thing it's pretty conveinent, but nothing replaces a real tube amp, ya know?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope I'd agree 100% ..but I'd also add that there are tools of the trade that fit all things.. the stuff that you have been doing is well served having a variety of tones at your disposal .. We should get together one of these days and I'll let ya mess with my Vetta ..

As for the L.P I thought you already had one?
                  Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

I do, it was a studio lite, then I got my hands on a cherry sunburst standard, got rid of the studio lite. I've used that as my main guitar since. I saw a trans purple standard with a 60's neck and fell in love with it. I'm going to try it out Saturday and it feels like my other one, then the Marshall is going I think.
                    I'd love to get together sometime. With this new project my schedule has lightened up a lot.

Comment

You still have my number? I have a nice Custom LP you never got to play ..lol..

Comment

No, I suck with keeping that stuff.

Comment

You have a pm

Comment

I would NEVER question the selling of a Marshall DSL.

Sell it! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Ha Ha, Cleveland, not a fan I guess?

I replied back Kevin, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X