Who is your favorite guitarist??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Who is your favorite guitarist??

Alex Lifeson. There are lots of better technicians but I just love his sound, style and way of sounding huge in a 3-piece, even when he's playing ethereal stuff with not many notes.
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      [ QUOTE ]
      [ QUOTE ]
      I am going to get shot for this ( I live in Austin) but I cannot stand to listen to Eric Johnson. The tone is unpleasant to me, the whole thing sounds sterile.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't see why. I agree with you. He's a great player, but his tone leaves me cold. It is a good match for his singing though [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you seen Eric live? I have been seeing Eric play live since 1988. While he can be a little robotic, there is not a person alive on this earth that has tone like Eric. When you hear it live and in your face, it will make you cry. The only other times I have experienced tones that hit me as hard were when I saw SRV at Jazzfest and Pink Floyd on the Momentary Lapse of Reason tour.

Mike

[/ QUOTE ]
      no, I haven't had the good fortune to see the man live. I guess he has trouble capturing all that tone in the studio. Or on a live recording. The couple of albums I've listened to (I only own one) & on the G3 video, his tone did nothing for me. SRV & Gilmour were able to get their tone down on record for our enjoyment, but I guess Eric just has to be experienced live. I don't care if the dude can hear the difference between battery brands in his pedals, I can't and his tone pales in comparison to Stevie Ray. JMO, of course.
      Hail yesterday

Comment

"We're going to do a number now featuring our lead guitarist Randy Rhoads, it's a number called Suicide Soulution"

Comment

jimmy page

Comment

Myself of course. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Someone I always forget to mention. This dude jams and is very underrated IMO...

Tommy Shaw.
              Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

Yeah Brad Gillis luved his Ozzy/Sabbath stuff (lived across the street from him in late 70's), Tony Iommi, Michael Schenker (UFO), Glen Tipton, Jimi Hendrix...........

Comment

I know all the players mentioned so far and all those that was NOT!!

But if I had to pick ONE..It would be EVH..

without him...I know I wouldn't be here

My top 10..well that's easier..I must go on my influences.

EVH
                  Uli Roth
                  Criss Oliva
                  Andy LaRoque
                  Frank Marino
                  Gary Moore
                  Tony Macalpine
                  Greg Howe
                  Paul Gilbert
                  Steve Vai
                  Jeff Loomis

oops that's 11...."these go to 11".
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

BillZ, did you watch that MacAlpine clip? He's on fire!!
                    Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

george lynch,
                      billy gibbons,
                      dimebag darrell,
                      peter tatgren,
                      chris holmes,
                      any scorpions guitarsist..probaly jabbs,
                      pepper keenan,
                      the guy from clutch..anyone know his name?
                      gary moore,
                      the guys from lamb of god.....

Comment

No, Jimmy...i"m cooking Pasta , doing homework with the boy, and posting here at the same time.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                        X