Tattoo, near you.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tattoo, near you.

A tatt parlour just opened up the street from me. I had a brainstorm, or maybe it was a minor stroke. Went in and asked the guy if he could tattoo a guitar body. Think of the possibilities. He said they tattoo fingernails. The question is: What surface coating would you put on the body to take the ink? Once the job is done, I would put muti-coats of satin unethane on it. It's just a thought. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Re: Tattoo, near you.

Arn't tattoo artist usually good airbrushers?

-Nate
    Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Arn't tattoo artist usually good airbrushers?

-Nate

[/ QUOTE ] Good question. But I want a tattoo. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        What surface coating would you put on the body to take the ink?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pig skin. Or human skin. Whatever.
        Just stretch it on there. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Ah crap, don't give him ideas! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Hey, I know, rabbit skin! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I would lose my membership in PETA and Buffalo Bill already did the "skin" thing. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I was thinking of a non-organic medium. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Probably bare wood, or stained wood would work best. Any kind of hard finish would just crack.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Probably bare wood, or stained wood would work best. Any kind of hard finish would just crack.

[/ QUOTE ] I have an Ibanez Blazer that has what they called a violin finish. It is just stained wood and you can feel the grain. There is no finish on it. I could sand it smooth. This tatt guy just opened up. It just may give him something to do. If the price is right. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I've asked my tattoo artist about it before. I think he said it probably wouldn't work too well, but he would try it.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    I've asked my tattoo artist about it before. I think he said it probably wouldn't work too well, but he would try it.

[/ QUOTE ] I have the bod that may work. This guy will not have lot to do based on his location. I was thinking about sanding the face smooth and spraying about 4 coats of white primer on it to give the needle an easy imprint. Or I could just be talking through my ass. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

The ass notion sounds most plausible here.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        The ass notion sounds most plausible here.

[/ QUOTE ] We shall see. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Well considering the needles are called Mags the size Mag you might need to line & shade would be huge when dealing with raw wood & trying to go thru a finish would chip & scratch the finish quite a bit.it might work on raw wood better. tell your tattoo artist to try a 10 or 12 mag liner first , & a shader I have no idea. Good luck.
                          According To The Prophecy

Comment

I think I'll have him experiment on a piece of wood with old "mags", thank you very much [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]. Where this guy is located, he will probably start doodling on himself. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I can see fett in there asking "can you tattoo a guitar?"

Poor tattoo guy... He was prolly shaking his head as Fett left...

Comment

Working...
                              X