Tattoo, near you.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tattoo, near you.

I'd say do what Robbin used to do, and have your tattoo guy just airbrush it. I'm thinking the pigments they use on the skin might be a little thin on wood, and it would bleed out into the grain and look like total shit. Just a theory mind you.

Plus I doubt the mags would work on wood like you're thinking. You're better off having it engraved, and airbrushed if you wanna go for the 3D look.

Comment

I vote you take some wood in there and have him try it out. Why not? If it works, you can do it. If not, hell it was only a piece of wood and he probably wouldn't even charge you as I'm sure satisfying his curiosity would be pay in and of itself.

Whatever you do, post the result please!

Comment

He prolly thought you were asking if he could draw a guitar on your body. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          I can see fett in there asking "can you tattoo a guitar?"

Poor tattoo guy... He was prolly shaking his head as Fett left...

[/ QUOTE ] I got that impression. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

The tattoo artist I know would not wait for him to leave. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

I agree with the airbrushing would be better idea, but a couple heavy coats of latex paint might come close to a skin like surface, I am sure the ink would bleed out on raw wood.
              I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

i wonder if anyone is doing laser engraving? Not sure if can be done on paint, but it can be done on plastic & metal. i think you could do cool stuff on pickguards, truss covers, EMG pickups and covers on back of the guitar.
                ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  i wonder if anyone is doing laser engraving?

[/ QUOTE ]
                  Hmmm, instead of a new tattoo, maybe I can get some laser engraving on my body! [img]/images/graemlins/idea2.gif[/img]
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                  X