What the hell is with tab sites?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the hell is with tab sites?

I was just checking MXtabs.net, which seems to have changed. Then I went to tabcrawler, and it's all crazy.

What's up with tab sites?

Re: What the hell is with tab sites?

They're getting sued (or better yet are going to be).
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/

still working for now...
      the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

To go along with all of the shitty music being released these days they are wanting you pay for shitty incorrect tabs now too. I've never bought a tab book that was even close to being right.

I wouldn't mind paying a small monthly fee to access power tabs and/or gt pro tabs as long as they are correct and for a fee they better be dead on balls accurate...
        Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

Paying for an artists interpretation of a song is bullshit.

Comment

Wasn't there a big thread about this a month or two ago, when it happened? Anyway, train your ear and you won't need no stinkin' tab anyway!
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

You're right St. James. Most of that shit is wrong. It's just a bunch of hacks posting what they think is right. I wouldn't pay a nickle for that shit. I can do better on my own.
              "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
              I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

if it weren't for tablature, I would have put guitar down several times.

I just can't do the reading/writing music thing...Never made it past music theory 1.

I can't even tune by ear...except back before I decided to become sober.

Hyperactive mind?

Comment

tab is and always will be a main learning tool for musicians.Playing by ear is cool on simple songs but if there is a lot of hectic and scary lines/leads in there the tab is a big help!Its also cool that you dont have to listen to the tunes and you can still practise the parts of the tab you need to work on.A lot of tab books i have seen have been tabbed by pianists and the guitar parts are normaly played in the wrong location on the neck with pianist fingering shapes..lol.

Comment

I don't rely on tabs to learn songs (think about it, if this has been going on for awhile, and I just now found out...) I just like it so I don't have to figure out shit, that I don't feel like learning by ear.

I'm not some substandard guitar player, since I've used tabs :P

Comment

"tab is and always will be a main learning tool for musicians.Playing by ear is cool on simple songs but if there is a lot of hectic and scary lines/leads in there the tab is a big help!"
                      that's kinda true. on the other hand, for that whole insane thing (death metal or progressive music for example) the tabs that are available on the net often are wrong anyways. quite often i'll figure out stuff by ear and re-check it using tabs only to find out that my transcription is MUCH closer than the crap that you can find out there, so most of these tab sites aren't really helpful imho.

as for tab sites in general, powertabs.com used to be my fave, but unfortunately that one isn't available any more. mysongbook.com is decent, too, but the tabs over there seem to be less accurate than the powertab stuff. and just forget about metaltabs.com and the likes - esp. metaltabs is FULL of spam and popup stuff, a real pain in the ass

Comment

olga is still up and running, If you have powertabs program you can transfer a written tab to powertab if you have a shit load of time to kill
                        http://www.olga.net/
                        I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          tab is and always will be a main learning tool for musicians.Playing by ear is cool on simple songs but if there is a lot of hectic and scary lines/leads in there the tab is a big help!Its also cool that you dont have to listen to the tunes and you can still practise the parts of the tab you need to work on.A lot of tab books i have seen have been tabbed by pianists and the guitar parts are normaly played in the wrong location on the neck with pianist fingering shapes..lol.

[/ QUOTE ]Depends on your background, I guess. I find it easier to learn it by ear regardless of the level of complexity. And since so much of the tab is wrong anyway, I'd rather trust my ear than theirs. Of course if you have hearing loss then you can't do that. I'm more apt to go blind than deaf though.
                          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I love tabs, because I am lazy.

Mike
                            Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

This poses and interesting question...If most of the tabs are wrong, then they aren't accurate representations of the song. So instead of naming the tab "Master of Puppets" one could name it "Master of Puppies" and it is a different song! Different name, different notes...No problems!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X