jam session in LA area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jam session in LA area?

OK, I've been playing in my house too long. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I've been jamming occasionally with a buddy who lives in the San Gabriel Valley, but he just moved and got custody of his kid and it's a whole thing where now he's got other stuff to deal with and is not as into jamming.

so I figured I'd post here to see if there's any others like me (working a professional job, but wanting to play in the evening for fun at least) who might like to meet up, hook up the guitar or whatever and see what happens.

I play for fun. I'm 41 and married w/ kids. I've played in a few garage bands but that's it, but I can hold my own, and learn songs pretty fast. and I try to play every day because I'm serious about continually improving.

anyway I figured it couldn't hurt to check here and see if anyone, perhaps in a similar situation, is up for jamming. if you know a drummer w/ rehearsal space, even better. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I've got 3 electrics, two acoustics, an 80 watt Crate 1x12 combo, a wah and a chorus pedal. I like many styles of music and play anything from 80's metal to contemporary rock to classic rock. I'm not one into limiting my style.

PM me if interested.

if for some forum rules I shouldn't post this here, then admins just let me know. thx!
    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Re: jam session in LA area?

Yeah man, cool! I have floated this idea before - informally - but it seems there are some flakes in LA! Imagine that! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Actually, I have got together with yabba. I have no drummer; I'm in OC.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I don't play _nearly_ enough these days, but I'd be up for some jamming! (still need to make it down to Ron's at some point!)

I'm 30, in pasadena, and I suck; but that doesn't stop me from trying [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

actually I just found out I have access to a practice space on campus here (I'm working on a PhD at caltech); has a drum set and PA, and maybe a crappy bass laying around.

I'm pretty busy with school stuff (trying to finish up and get the hell out by some point this summer); but if I can find the time for playing with other people, I'd love to

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        I'm 30, in pasadena, and I suck;

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't believe him folks, yabba can rip out a nice version of Slayer's "Spill The Blood" and has taught me some cool Amon Amarth riffs [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          [ QUOTE ]
          I'm 30, in pasadena, and I suck;

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't believe him folks, yabba can rip out a nice version of Slayer's "Spill The Blood" and has taught me some cool Amon Amarth riffs [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
          dude, you're waaay too kind [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I'd be into playing pretty much anything though; most of the random wanking I do these days is much classic rock-ish than metal.

Comment

Yeah, we should settle on a few tunes so we can practice in advance. Otherwise, we'll all be standing around going "What do you know?" "I dunno, what do you know?" [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

PM's sent!

I too have more of an interest in what is probably called classic rock by most (or just hard rock). I love metal, but not the cookiemonster or death/nu metal.
              the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Guess it's just me and yabba then! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I keed, I keed

Rush sucks BTW [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

I can't deny a certain love for the cookiemonster stuff, but I'm down for anything musically (country/funk/hip-hop? sure why not! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] (I actually played in a ska band throughout college; not that I'm suggesting we bust out the specials covers..)

I'm gonna swing by that practice space today and see what the schedule/sign-up sheet looks like for the next couple weeks. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Sounds like you guys have some fun ahead of you!! I'd join you, but I already have a full plate with my musical projects. Let me know if you guys are going to play shows!!

Comment

You can be a stage prop ace, just sit on the side spitting fire balls
                      I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

He can be my guitar tech

and supply the groupies [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

That too, He's a tripple threat

Comment

I'm in. I'm terrible, but always game for something new.

Comment

I can sing. Just tape the Phone to the Mic, and I'll be like "AND THE DRAGON COMES IN THROUGH THE NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Comment

Working...
                              X