Jackson Museum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Museum?

Does anyone know what happened to Rob Witte's site?

Re: Jackson Museum?

POOF... It's gone... has been for a while now.
    Don't know why.
    -Rick

Comment

Rob took it down for various reasons, technical and political. Not sure when it'll be up again [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I'm very curious as to what "Politcal" reasons he may have had?

Comment

??

Comment

Does anybody know if he is going to get the site up again? It was a good site.
            Just one more guitar!

Comment

Political? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

It was a cool site with an amazing collection. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
              Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

I heard something about him having a bad internet experience. I'm not sure exactually what that meant though????

I wish he would get it back up. It was an amazing site. Great collection and lots of useful info.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Political? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                  Wasn't he spewing some kind of anti-American propaganda on his site at one time? I thought I remember something about that. It was a pretty cool site overall, though.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Can't say I remember that, but I wasn't referring to that sort of politics anyway [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] From what I remember, Robert had some technical problems with uploading, and also started to get a little concerned about the possible copyright issues of having music playing there.... Add to that the fact that it was taking up too much time, so he pulled the plug.
                    Popular is not the same as good
                    Rare is not the same as valuable
                    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Nothing political like that and it will be back one way or the other. Like Ian said he wasn't able to update it anymore because of technical issues with the service provider. And also one bad "online" experience where he had to play safe copyright wise.
                      The data is safe and I've already offered to upload it slowly on my website. Just gonna take some time but it will be worth it.
                      My band here -> http://www.diceoffate.com/

Comment

Jani that would be very cool to see the content from Rob's site up on your site in the future. Rob had some great info and awesome eye candy.
                        www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
                        My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

He's a bastard..!!

actually I have no clue what you guys are talking about..

but he's a bastard! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            The data is safe and I've already offered to upload it slowly on my website. Just gonna take some time but it will be worth it.

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be totally cool if the catalog scans could be blown up so we can read them! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

That sounds great, Jani. I thought of backing up the info myself, but waited until it was too late to do anything about it.

Comment

Working...
                              X