Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't Watch Anymore of this BS Superbowl...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't Watch Anymore of this BS Superbowl...

[img]/images/graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

Every call goes against Seattle, why watch an event that has a predetermined outcome?

This is why I hate, HATE, FUCKIN' HATE sports anymore (and i'm not even a seahawks fan).

We're just sheep watching this sh*t.

Re: Can\'t Watch Anymore of this BS Superbowl...

I haven't even turned it on. Professional sports is BS in general IMO.

Basically just something to keep people minds from paying attention to the real issues like all the BS that goes on in the world. All the BS that all the politicians or whoever do is cool and ignored as long as people have some sports BS to argue about, haha...

And when some sports figure make 10k a minute of actual playtime, and teachers, police and firemen are being laid off. I'm pretty disgusted.

Sure rockstars and actors make ungodly sums as well, but that is a little different in the fact that We aren't trained from childhood to be devoted or forced to be involved in music or movie stars like we are sports.

It's amazing how they force sports so deeply into the fabric of American society. And the irony to me is in that it is taught in the name of teaching competitiveness and fairness, yet it's quite often "fixed" and quite unfair and uncompetetive.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Every call goes against Seattle, why watch an event that has a predetermined outcome?

This is why I hate, HATE, FUCKIN' HATE sports anymore (and i'm not even a seahawks fan).

[/ QUOTE ]

Ralph, the NFL has apologized to the Steelers for fucking them on so many calls, this year, last year, and about every year before.

I don't think the NFL is favoring the Steelers at all. I think these sports have a lot of politics to them, but as far as I've seen, and read, the NFL gets a hard on, fucking the steelers over.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        I haven't even turned it on. Professional sports is BS in general IMO.

Basically just something to keep people minds from paying attention to the real issues like all the BS that goes on in the world. All the BS that all the politicians or whoever do is cool and ignored as long as people have some sports BS to argue about, haha...

And when some sports figure make 10k a minute of actual playtime, and teachers, police and firemen are being laid off. I'm pretty disgusted.

Sure rockstars and actors make ungodly sums as well, but that is a little different in the fact that We aren't trained from childhood to be devoted or forced to be involved in music or movie stars like we are sports.

It's amazing how they force sports so deeply into the fabric of American society. And the irony to me is in that it is taught in the name of teaching competitiveness and fairness, yet it's quite often "fixed" and quite unfair and uncompetetive.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you're a conspiracy type person sports (and entertainment in general) are to keep the masses sedated to keep them unaware of what's going on around them.
        1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you hate it so much and already knew the outcome why did you even bother to start watching it?
          http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Good question... [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

Ever since the completely BS tuck game in New England I watch very little pro football, and every time I do get sucked in by my brother (usually) I get to watch worse and worse officiating. It's completely inexcusable IMO.

Whatever...

Baaah baaah baaah, baaah baaah baaah baaah baaah...

Comment

Professional sports are just about the SHOW not Competition

Comment

actually its just about the money. Its big business, the only competition is for TV ratings.

Comment

wow! what pathetic game... definately not the best two teams
                  imo [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img]
                  Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                  Amp... Pioneer
                  Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

What, the touchdown call for big ben or the BS penalty on the tackle by Hasselbeck?

Comment

Randel El has as many tochdown passesd as Hassleback lol

quit cryin Ralph, the refs didnt hand it to the Steelers. Sure some ticky tac calls but thats the way it goes sometimes
                      shawnlutz.com

Comment

Bad calls for sure, but it didn't really matter because it was just a shitty game. The bad calls were the most exciting part.

Comment

Not cryin' Shawn, just making a statement about sports today in general. It's just shitty talent compared to when we were kids, and the bias and bad refereeing is more and more blatant.

Comment

It was an exciting game, just not a high scoring one. And I don't wanna hear any crap about bad calls. There some lame ones that went against the Steelers tonight too. The fumble early on that they called an incomplete pass. The dude took THREE steps. How was that not a fumble?

This game was not decided by the calls, football games rarely are. It was decided by Seattle's crappy clock management and some very smart playcalling by the Steelers.

Comment

I hear ya Ralph, its a coin toss determining what kinda calls are going be made in any sport. I wantch a lot of Hockey and Foothall and every game is different...
                              shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
                              X