Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who made you first wanna pick up a guitar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who made you first wanna pick up a guitar?

Curious who first made everyone want to play guitar? For me, it was Ace Frehley and Randy Rhoads.
    If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Re: Who made you first wanna pick up a guitar?

Hetfield/Hammett and Petrucci. No doubt about that.
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Definitely old school Metallica....even though I hardly ever listen to them anymore.

Comment

Steve Via in the video for yankee rose. seeing the way he was playing that thing made me want to di the same. to bad i suck really bad.

Garry [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Elvis. I used to make Elvis masks by drawing a face on on a sheet of paper, complete with kisscurl on forehead, and cutting it out. Then I'd tie my skipping rope to the clothes hoist to act as my power cord for my tennis racket and sing the chorus to Jailhouse Rock (didn't know the verses). But then, I was only 4 at the time.
          Hail yesterday

Comment

I just thought it would get me laid...

Comment

hmmm......this kinda falls in the "whos your favorite guitar player" category.

Even though Jimmy Page is my number 1 guitar player of all time, always will be. He owns the number one spot 4 life....

But, it was infact metallica that made me really wanna try my hand at guitar. Early on in life, I remember stealing Ride the lightning off my brothers dresser (along with megadeth's peace sells). Plopped in the tape (cd's were even thought of) and prepared myself for the life altering event. Enter.........

Fight Fire with Fire

HOLY SHYTBALLS WHAT A MASTERPIECE

A few years later, I heard master of puppets and shortly after, the garage days revisited and just knew right then, I had to learn the guitar. So for me, Hammett/Hetfield.

Hetfield is the best rhythm guitar player in the business, hands down. The man has groove [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Like godofrhythm..........

No Doubt At All

Comment

Lynch
                http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

I fiddled around with Zeppelin riffs and bits of stuff. One day this dude came over to my house and he knew how to play the solo to Flying High Again. My head exploded at the sight.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    hmmm......this kinda falls in the "whos your favorite guitar player" category.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sort of, but Rhoads and Frehley aren't my favorite guitar players and you mentioned a similar thing in your post.
                    If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

ACE.............I wanted to BE Ace, and when you are six..that is mighty powerful, brotha.

Mike
                      Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

I know what you mean. Everything about him was awesome like the makeup and smoking guitar. I still think he's a great guitarist and somewhat underrated/overly bashed.

Comment

A girl.

Comment

Randy Rhoads! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                            Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

Jimmy Page and Angus Young.

Comment

Working...
                              X