Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who made you first wanna pick up a guitar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who made you first wanna pick up a guitar?

kirk hammett

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      To be quite honest, I'm surprised at how few people said Metallica. I guess I was just assuming there would be a lot since everyone around here is obsessed with them and I'm not really into them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm more amazed that more people didn't pick it up to get chicks like I did... What I was thinking at 9 yrs old when I picked up a guitar and noodled with it for hours on end I'm not sure, but as I admitted earlier, by the time I was wanting to play a lot, I was in for the nookie.

I've heard a LOT of stars admit it as well.

Comment

Mustaine.

Comment

Jake e lee.Had been getting into metal for a year or two, but seeing him on the back of Hit Paraders guitar hero edition lit that spark. It was a pic of him at the US Festival.Not too long after that, Bark at the moon came out and i just had to play.

Comment

When I was 16 my brother bought the Van Halen Right here Right now Double VHS.

I remember coming from the upstairs when I hear Eruption cranked downstairs. I was like "wow"

26 guitars, thousand of dollars, later [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] (and right now I own one, a Peavey Wolfgang)

Comment

Hard to say who it was specifically, but i used to listen to a lot of metal/rock stuff, so what made me play guitar was probably just listening to a lot of music with guitar.

But the bands that made me want to play the most were probably the regulars, Metallica, Megadeth, Iron Maiden.

Comment

Blackmore, Nugent, Page
                http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

This is REALLY dorky but when I was a kid, I used to listen to the stereo before I went to sleep...The song "Candie's Room" from Bruce Springsteen's "Darkness on the Edge of Town" album came on the radio...I was only like 14 and the tiny guitar solo thing caught me just right I guess...I must have been 99% asleep but I woke right up, I was completely enthralled!

All I can remember is that I thought it was about the greatest thing I had ever heard and needed a guitar asap!

A few years later when finally I heard it again, I was much less than impressed! No idea why that one sounded so good that night... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    I'm more amazed that more people didn't pick it up to get chicks like I did... What I was thinking at 9 yrs old when I picked up a guitar and noodled with it for hours on end I'm not sure, but as I admitted earlier, by the time I was wanting to play a lot, I was in for the nookie.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow man, I don't think I was even thinking of chicks much at that age.
                    If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

I think it was Rick Nielson (Nielsen?Neilson?) and the somewhat whacky Hamers that really made me want to play, the old checkerboard paintjobs are still the coolest. I was always kind of fascinated with guitars from as young as I can remember.

Comment

EVH
                        "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

My dad always played and I thought it looked fun so I asked him to teach me. Now I teach him [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

My uncle Joe is the one that got me interested. He had one of those Harmony strats from the Sears mail order catalog. He finally saved up enough money to get himself a decent amp and two cabs. He used to close the door to his room and rattle the house with his renditions of Whole lotta love and Smoke on the water, LOL.
                            Remember, Wherever you go,.. there you are

Comment

DeMartini, Kirk Hammett, Dave Murray and Adrian Smith, Carlos Cavasos(?)Jake E Lee, Randy... List is HUGE!! (Funny, 'cuz I don't even like to play leads...)
                              Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm with ya. when i got my first electric at 12, i remember reading some article with angus young. he basically alluded to that and i knew i was on to something.
                                Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                                Sully Guitars on Facebook
                                Sully Guitars on Google+
                                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                                X