• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Any Adam and the Ants fans?

"Desperate but not Serious"

That's one I liked as well.

Comment

Heard Stand and Deliver this AM on Siruis first wave.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Heard Stand and Deliver this AM on Siruis first wave.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the other video I saw the other day.

Comment

Friend Or Foe is still one of my fave albums from my youth. Adam is great !!
          Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Friend Or Foe is still one of my fave albums from my youth. Adam is great !!

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too! I think it was the first album I bought.

Comment

My brother and I had them all - Kings Of The Wild Frontier, Friend Or Foe, whatever the other ones were [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I downloaded Kings Of The Wild Frontier yesterday (yeah I know, shame on me) but if I can CDs online (and they're getting the royalties) I'll buy them.

And yeah, the Ants were a band before Adam joined - as mentioned in the song The Magnificent 5.

Anyhoo, you may remember Bow Wow Wow (their one big hit was a cover of "I Want Candy") - that was the post-Adam Ants with a hot chick singing.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Found 3 of them new online: Kings, Prince Charming, and Friend or Foe - should be here in a couple of weeks [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Saw 'em both live in the 80's - Adam & the Ants doing the Kings of the Wild Frontier tour when "Dog Eat Dog" was in the charts over here. One of my first ever gigs as a mid teen - surrounded by loads of "proper punks". It was before they started getting into the charts with the "softer" stuff. Loved the double drum sound. Bow Wow Wow were pretty good too - at the gig I was right at the front & Annabella (can't spell her surname) & two dancers were dancing barefoot. They stunk. Looked good though. Some bloke was pogoing on my & a friends shoulders & spitting on the guitarist - the guitarist strolled to the front of the stage while still playing, didn't even look up & kicked the guy in the face without missing a beat. Cool. C30, C60, C90, GO!............................
                  Wal - Good from far, but far from good

Comment

Oh yeah - I was pretty sure that Dirk Wears White Sox was the first Ants album & Adam was in the band. I've got it on vinyl somewhere, but it'll be up in the attic. I stand to be corrected in the meantime - it was a loooong time ago............

Comment

Shit - it's all flooding back now.............The original Ants (with Adam) split & he rebranded & rebanded as Adam & the Ants, with Marco (Pironi?) on guitar. The original Ants became Bow Wow Wow - never as big as the "new" Ants over here, but some good tracks. Think their biggest hit here was "Go Wild in the Country" (along with "I Want Candy") - but I still favour their earlier/punkier C30, C60, etc, stuff.

Comment

I remember Kings of the Wild Frontier very well when it first came out. An old friend of mine was REALLY into that album, and I have to say it was pretty good in a weird sort of way. Definitely better than the poppier stuff that came later.

Comment

Did anyone else find it wierd that the Kings and FoF covers were still images from the video instead of studio stills like Prince Charming? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                          X