Can I get an opinion *follow up*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I get an opinion *follow up*

Thanks for everyone opinions last week, I wound up getting the guitar for 1600.
    I've read all the love on here for Guitar Center, I've dealt with the one in Nashua, NH many times and haven't had anything to complain about, but,
    BOSTON GC sucks!
    They raped me dry and hard on my trade in value for stuff,
    After weighing my options, I figured the stuff I was trading in was a little easier to replace than finding another LP with this color and neck so I sucked it up.
    But just to give you a small piece of the crap I dealt with, in the ebay add it said it came with a case, after the transaction was done, the rep goes to get he case, "we don't have one", after I told him it said there was one in the auction, he goes back again, comes back and says "well, my manager doesn't know why it said it in the add, because we don't". he said "I'll call you if we get one in". Yeah, ok, I got a better chance of seeing God on the bus before I hear from them!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Re: Can I get an opinion *follow up*

Nice guitar Scott ... hope it eases the pain of the deal
    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Thanks, if we get together sometime, I'll bring it.

Comment

I live in Brookline and go into the Boston GC a lot. The service there is terrible. I have never had anyone there say a word to me while I've been looking at guitars. No "can I help you with anything?" at all. It's like they don't want to sell anything.

On the other hand, the GC in Southfield, MI has always been helpful to me. Those guys help me out and give me good prices on just about everything, usually end up paying less for stuff in the store than if I bought from the internet even after sales tax.

Comment

Well, you got about the best Classic you could get. Are you going to keep it that color, or refin it? Reason I ask is that I've already seen a couple refin'd and they didn't look 1/2 bad, but 20 years down the road I'm sure those guys will be kicking themselves in the ass for doing it.

BTW, what did you trade in? I'm curious how it can be that you got the guitar for $1,600 if you had to trade in more than that amount of gear (if you did).

That case story is classic - they didn't like the deal they were getting, and hid the case to get even more money from you. Now they can sell the case and make another $125.

Sorry you had to deal with the devil. I only buy from them if I can be the one doing the butt-f'ing.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I live in Brookline and go into the Boston GC a lot. The service there is terrible. I have never had anyone there say a word to me while I've been looking at guitars. No "can I help you with anything?" at all. It's like they don't want to sell anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Odd, but I can't stand when they all swoop down on me like a bunch of vultures. When they say "can I help you with anything?" I feel like saying "f-off" LOL!, but I'd have to say it 20 times - once for each person, because each one is going to ask me "can I help you with anything?". I don't say that, "just looking", but to me it's annoying. If I want help, I'll ask.

I guess the moral of this story is, each GC is different, and depending on the locale, they will either not bother you or pester you to death.

I'll be going into one tonight, and I promise to be nice... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

thetroy: yeah, it was like they wanted to be anyother place but there, also I'm trying to decide what i wanna do after they give me trade value and this other rep comes over and starts talking about the patriots. It was almost like it was the plan to either not really think it through good or let me know how they were really cool guys or something.

Will in Nashua has always been pretty cool to me, if he's screwing me, he does it very smooth so i don't realize it.

Comment

DonP: Thanks, I was real bitter when I got home and my wife asked me then why I did I do it and I told her you wouldn't understand, so she laughed at me and said ok, bitch and get it out of your system but I think it very good looking.

I don't plan on changing anything but the bridge pickup and the tuners. I really like the color so that's the main reason I didn't just walk out.
                I recently bought a Marshall DSL50 so I returned that within the 30 days for 1200 bucks.
                So I figure I had a old BCRich Tele and a Tubeworks 4x12 with vintage 30s in it. I figured that and I had about 150 i could spend cash.
                well if i remeber they gave me 100 for the gtr 150 for the cab.
                I forgot about the wonderful MA tax so I brought some stomp boxes that have been lying around "just in case" well, i'm glad I did.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  I forgot about the wonderful MA tax so I brought some stomp boxes that have been lying around "just in case" well, i'm glad I did.

[/ QUOTE ]

Scott,

Couldn't you just go the the Nashua store and have them transfer it and avoid the 5%?
                  Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Nope, I talked to the store manager and he called, called me back and said they won't ship it because it's being relisted, so I watched it list three more times and then I wrote to boston and said, why won't you ship it? they gave me some crap about because they are a publicly traded company they can't transfer used gear from store to store.
                    Is Daddy's junky not a publicly traded store? They do it all the time.

Comment

I don't think Daddies is publically traded but I could be wrong .. Go to the Nashua store or next time you are there and ask for Rich in drums and tell him you know me..maybe he can help ya

Comment

Cool, Help or throw me out? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

eh .. Rich is cool ..he ended up over there when the Music Mall went out .. I used to know all the guys from the MM ..

Comment

BTW You still have the Iceman?

Comment

oh I know which one Rich is... I remember him working there too...
                              No, I got rid of the iceman for my LP Standard. I actually liked the neck on my Ic400 i made into a mirror ball better than the PS10LTD, I got back what I paid for it so it wasn't to bad.

Comment

Working...
                              X