X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Green Day takes out Kanye West

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    I like Coldplay and the Foo Fighters. U2 is a really good band. I'm not into them but I can appreciate them.
    Edge reminds me a little of a pop version of Alex Lifeson. For one guitarist.. he REALLY fills up the stage.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1 on all of that. Especially the Foo Fighters. Their new album kicks.

[/ QUOTE ]
    [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
    Foo Fighters are my favorite band (in existence) and have been for a few years now. In Your Honor is amazing.

and they rock like motherfuckers live. way harder than you hear on the cd. these last two shows I saw on this tour, Dave had one of the best distortion tones I've ever heard coming out of that Firebird Studio he's been using.
    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      [ QUOTE ]
      coining U2 a great band is a pretty far stretch. Sure they a pretty good band, I actually like some of their music but as soon as Bono opens his mouth (starts to try to sing) it really doesn't matter how good the band is [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally, I think Bono is a very good singer. Very unique and identifiable voice and comes up with cool melodies.

[/ QUOTE ]
      I agree ... I find an unique and identifiable voice is what seperates good from great. Take Rod Stewart or G. Lee from Rush. There is no mistaken. U2 sound is also identifiable and their own. The Edge is a "Memory Man" master. You can love them or hate them, but they are a real band, unlike past Grammy winners i.e: Milli Vannili!
      The Back Street Boys, Boyz to Men, 98 degree, etc ... are what kills me when they win a award. Just a over produced product.

You don't want anything to happen to U2. If Bono should die now, the sooner they will go down as one of the greatest bands ever with the likes of the Stones, Led Zep, Beatles. It is gonna happen anyways due to their following and success. Name another band that can sell out shows like them other than the Stones (see the great band connection?) and they didn't pull the numbers like U2. Accept it ....

Did you know that Elvis did not win a Grammy while he was alive? What does that say about the Grammys?
      ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

I didn't read all of what you guys said but if you said "I'd do Alicia Keys" then I agree. Madonna looked pretty good too considering umm her age and all.

Comment

There's a lot of U2 bashing in here.... Good! Add me to it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I have never seen the big deal in U2, especially Boner or whatever his name is. In a way he reminds me of Jesse Jackson, his lips can flap for an hour and never say a word.
          Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

Well, I like the playing of the Edge ( how he uses the delay effect). Also I prefer U2 to Coldplay anytime. They are too overrated.

Comment

Weird Al and Tiny Tim have recognizable voices too but that doesn't make them great singers.....
              shawnlutz.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Weird Al and Tiny Tim have recognizable voices too but that doesn't make them great singers.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahem...excuse me. Weird Al rocks!! In a geek trying to be cool sort of way.

Comment

Bono has a good voice, if somone doesn't like it it's their problem
                  "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Right. But that has nothing to do with Bono [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

U2 has done some good stuff but they've done alot of shit too IMO, I can even handle the Foo fighters in small doses but Green day SUCKS MAJOR ASS
                      http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

Working...
                      X