Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else here into EDM/Trance?

Hey guys...

Just wondering if anyone else here is into EDM/Trance/Progressive/etc....

Kerry's favorite genre...and she's getting me into it. It can be highly addictive if you give it a chance. It's not just DJ's playing records. I've come to find out they play records like musical instruments (I used to despise this kind of music!)

So be counted, and let me here some of your favorite DJ's if infact you are into this stuff!

Re: Anyone else here into EDM/Trance?

Trance is really good stuff! You have to be in the mood for it though. You also have to have a sound system that can do it justice at high volumes because that stuff just begs to be cranked!
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

I like some industrial, how is EDM Trance different from industrial or techno? Let's hear some clips
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Well there's different sub-genres, like everything else, of EDM... which I guess you can consider the main category.

There's Trance (and vocal trance) and progressive (which are my particular interests).

Then there's NRG, Hard trance (which is basically industrial), House, Chillout, Ambient, Drum and Bass (which is exactly as it implies). There's more...but if you want to hear some streams, goto http://www.di.fm
        You can basically tune into any of these genres to hear what each sound like for free, without even having to sign up.

Comment

Dude, you would love Orbital.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

Orbital kick ass, especially when you are baked. I find that there is a ton of crappy drum and bass/techno etc, stuff out there, and one or two really good artists. Prodigy, Chemical Brothers, Crystal Method, and Orbital are pretty much the only ones I listen to until someone hooks me up with something comparable.
            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I like Jungle Funk
              Hail yesterday

Comment

I've got a ball.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Orbital kick ass, especially when you are baked.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, i didn't want to be the one to say it, but so true...

[ QUOTE ]
                  I find that there is a ton of crappy drum and bass/techno etc, stuff out there

[/ QUOTE ]

ever notice this? there are some pretty kick ass dancers on the floor of a techno/electronica rave. But EVERYONE who dances to drum and bass really suck.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

Well not trance, but I just love some good drum&bass and jungle every now and then. I also dig Squarepusher. That guy is a genius! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                    -Janne

Comment

I'm not a trance fan, but I do like a lot of IDM stuff. The more broken beats the better.
                      I listen to a lot of Autechre, Boards of Canada, Prefuse 73, Push Button Objects, etc.
                      My neighbor goes under the name Discoma and he's putting out some insane jungle/idm stuff.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        [ QUOTE ]
                        Orbital kick ass, especially when you are baked.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, i didn't want to be the one to say it, but so true...

[ QUOTE ]
                        I find that there is a ton of crappy drum and bass/techno etc, stuff out there

[/ QUOTE ]

ever notice this? there are some pretty kick ass dancers on the floor of a techno/electronica rave. But EVERYONE who dances to drum and bass really suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, to be honest, I haven't noticed, because I don't go to raves. I'm too old for that shit. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Prodigy, Junkie XL, Chemical Bros.
                          If you really want to mess yourself up,try some Aphex Twin! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Industrial and trance are TOTALLY different things.

I personally HATE trance but love all that chillout and groovy stuff: lounge, house, acid jazz, breakbeat, jungle, dnb, trip-hop etc.

Also we have a thread about that stuff here http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/...page=0&fpart=1
                            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Prodigy, Junkie XL, Chemical Bros.
                              If you really want to mess yourself up,try some Aphex Twin! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

My sister sent me some Aphex Twin. It was a really strange video called "Come to Daddy"
                              Pretty neat stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X