Cable VS. Wireless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cable VS. Wireless

I just picked up a used sennheiser wireless unit that came with 2 transmitters, tried it out last night.
    I was hoping I could just mute one while I use the other and and vise versa when using the 2nd guitar, but I can't. It seems I have to completely shut off one transmitter to use the other.
    My question is, should I keep the wireless and use it like that, or go with a cable?
    If I go with the cable, I can take the money and get a JCM 800 for 350 from a local dealer I know. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Re: Cable VS. Wireless

JCM 800 For $350? Damn! I wish I could find a deal like that.

I wouldn't want to leave the other tansmitter on when not in use. It will just drain the battery. I'd just switch it on when I switched guitars.

If you like to move around more than a cable will allow I'd go with the wireless, if you are pretty much in one small area I'd go with a cable...A Monster Cable to be more precise.
    Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

Actually, it is a monster cable I was running.
      It's not so much of moving around beyong a cable, it's more of I sing lead and play rhythm and my mic is in the middle of the stage mostly so it's more of less cable snake tripping up the other guys and me.

I was thinking of keeping the wireless and maybe selling my cheapest of the guitars i have to get the 800, but i'm an impulse guy so I'm afraid to make the wrong move (again).

Comment

After using my wireless for awhile, I can't stand to use a cable anymore. It's always in the way it seems. A wireless will spoil you pretty quick.

Comment

If its a good wireless unit I'd keep it. If its a not so good wireless unit I wouldn't cause those things can really suck your tone away.

Comment

For most amps I've had, I've used a wireless. I have a nice Sure 600 buck Rackmount. But then I bought my CAE3+se preamp, and suddenly the wireless sounds like ass and I have to use a cable. Never noticed any frequency loss before, but with this CAE, I hear it VERY much. The wireless sounds dead and and seems to display a loss of frequency response in low and high end. Ehh, this preamp even shows the sound difference in many cables...

Otherwise I miss my wireless badly.

Comment

WELL I DID TRY GOING FROM THE CABLE TO THE WIRELESS AND BACK AND i DIDN'T HEAR MUCH OF A DIFFERENCE IF ANY.

(SORRY i WORK IN CAPS SOME TIME AND FORGET THEY ARE ON)

Comment

Yeah, I actually used to say that my wirless sounded better than the cable on my older rigs. JCM800, JCM900, 5150s heads. Voodu valve, PSA-1, Engle, Marshall preamps. Seemd to give it more punch and clarity. On my JCM 900s, the wireless was part of what I used to make the amp sound better, as I used it to slam the front end of the amp for more edge.

Damn CAE bummed out when it coughed on the wireless.

Comment

Sennheiser is a very well-built and respected unit.
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I say you should tell me where that dealer is. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm completely spoiled on my wireless. I'm in the market for abetter one though. I have a rack mount Nady right now and while it sounds good there's a lot of static I can't get rid of...
                      Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        I say you should tell me where that dealer is. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm closer than you... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                        Hear the universe scream
                        Bleeding from black holes
                        Whom horns careless
                        And whom God mourns

Comment

I run a wireless between my amp head and guitar cab.

Comment

I've been using a Peavey UHF wireless for a year now, and other than a slight cut in treble, I haven't noticed any tone "suck". My current rig is a bit on the bright side anyway, so a little high end loss doesn't hurt anything. My brother uses the same model. Our bassist picked up a Sennheiser of some kind not long ago, but he switched basses around the same time, so I don't know how it compares to his old setup.
                            sigpic

Comment

i used to use a wireless unit....i definitely liked the freedom of movement so to speak. but the fact that i constantly had drop out issues made me go back to cable, and that's what i've been using since then.
                              if you don't get any signal using a cable, chances are it's only an unplugged connection, easily solved. if you don't get any signal using a wireless, there's a gazillion possibilities. [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X