Birth of a skyscraper... Interesting..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
    Did you guys go to the Winter Classic at Wrigley? That would have been so cool ot see in person.
    It was in-f-ing-credible!! Coulda had a better outcome, but Detroit-sucks has had our number all year. We're still learning, the future looks bright.

(thank god i didn't have to worry about parking )
    Occupy JCF

Comment

If Detroit Sucks and owns the Blackhawks...does that mean Chicago blows cause they have quite a ways to go to get into the sucking territory of the Detroit Red Wings

The Blackhawks do look good and are a fun team to watch. Nice young talent with Kane, Towes, Sharp and Duncan Keith. They can do some damage in the playoffs if healthy and get a netminder heated up at the right time. The future is bright and it is glad to see NHL hockey on the map again in the original six city of Chicago.....enjoy it because sooner or later the cap will bite em in the ass when the talent wants to be paid what they are worth and Kane and Towes will get paid when they can become UFA's
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

I was in Chicago in August. The Trump building is pretty impressive. Let me see if I can find a photo of it.

Last edited by Spivonious; 01-04-2009, 11:14 AM.
        Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
          If Detroit Sucks and owns the Blackhawks...does that mean Chicago blows cause they have quite a ways to go to get into the sucking territory of the Detroit Red Wings

The Blackhawks do look good and are a fun team to watch. Nice young talent with Kane, Towes, Sharp and Duncan Keith. They can do some damage in the playoffs if healthy and get a netminder heated up at the right time. The future is bright and it is glad to see NHL hockey on the map again in the original six city of Chicago.....enjoy it because sooner or later the cap will bite em in the ass when the talent wants to be paid what they are worth and Kane and Towes will get paid when they can become UFA's
          Sorry, can't type Detroit Sucks without that Sucks following it. Being a Detroit Sucks fan, you should know the rivalry. It has nothing to do with how Detroit Sucks is playing. It's just in the blood. And the phrase itself, it's just the best quote ever from Jeremy Piven. (one of Chicago's own)

Hey, be thankful I'm not an Admin anymore. I would seriously consider changing the swear filter.

As far as the kids staying put, I'm biting my fingernails waiting to see how things play out. The Blackhawks have turned the ship around and hopefully Tallon can come up with some creative cap manuevers to keep this team here. By the way things are going, next year, the cap should stay about the same, however the year after, there is speculation that with the declining revenues, the caps will be adjusted downward.
          Last edited by Tekky; 01-04-2009, 10:59 PM.
          Occupy JCF

Comment

Working...
          X