I smell.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I smell.......

I thought this thread was about how bad we all smell today. I slept in my clothes on my friend's couch, so I probably don't smell the freshest I've ever been, but I certainly could be worse!!

Comment

<font color="aqua">c'mon man! How can you not like a sport that was born from bootleggin'!!! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font>
      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

That would be "Boot lickin' " now. It's like everything else in the derring-do world. WW I pilots, the old Indy's, the old "stock" car races. There used to be a sense of danger in auto racing and the other "Macho" endeavors. Now, we have to make it as safe as we can so no one can get hurt or put themselves at risk. Take the helmets off the hockey players; take the face guards off the football helmets and let them kick ass and rumble. The whole sports world is about as dangerous as a round of golf. (Although, I broke my ankle bad playing golf.) It's not exciting anymore. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

> I am constantly bombarded by people asking me,a general sports guru,what driver I root for. "Man f**k NASCAR,who wants to see a bunch of hillbillies chase Jeff Gordon around in a circle becuase he has beer in the trunk on Sunday in the South?" I'm not a particular fan of Gordon,or any of them for that matter,but at least Gordon isn't a redneck. I can't believe the number of grown,supposedly civilized people that argue about whether or not he's gay,just because he doesn't have a number 3 or 8 on the side of his car,or because his car is painted in a rainbow scheme. Of course it is,because it's sponsored by DuPont,the same scheme on the packaging for the 1/2 gallon of ChromaClear I bought a month ago. All I can say about it is be GLAD there isn't enough money in it for Ferrari driver and multiple World Champion Michael Schumacher to come over here and field a team,because he just might be the best driver on the planet,that would have a lot of these yoyo's back on the porch beating their old ladies asses. Tommy D.
          "I'm going to try and work it out so at the end it's a pure guts race......because if it is.....I'm the only one that can win" - Steve Prefontaine

Comment

Wow. Touched a nerve huh, Tommy? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I smell a huge amount of stereotyping in this thread, and that's just not cool. I'm not a Nascar fan but I have driven one of those cars for 5 laps in Texas (some stupid prize thingie I won when working for GM) and I can tell you, it's not as bland as some of you make it out to be. Where I live, I know lot's of true "hillbillies" and "rednecks", and I can't think of a single one of them I'd trust to drive my multi mega buck car around an oval track at 200mph! The nascar drivers deserve some respect whether you're into it or not. Personally, I like drag racing, but I guess that makes me a "redneck" too huh.
              My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

1. I think racing around a track at 200 mph takes balls, no matter who you are.

2. I think racing down a 1/4 mile at 300mph takes more balls.

3. I think racing down a 1/4 mile track on a freakin' motorcycle requires some unearthly body part that I've never even heard of.

4. My not having showered today is catching up to me, now I DO smell!!

Comment

> I meant no real disrespect for them,it surely takes balls to do that. I just like to do mess with people about it,for the same reasons people tell me pool isn't a real sport. Tommy D.
                  "I'm going to try and work it out so at the end it's a pure guts race......because if it is.....I'm the only one that can win" - Steve Prefontaine

Comment

You know what really took balls? Back in the day, F1 cars were barely more than a bathtub with wheels. They had no driver protection whatsoever. If you got in an accident, you were either smashed to pieces in the car, thrown out of the car, and smashed to pieces, or burned to death in a fiery inferno. There was no such thing as downforce, so when the car went over a rise, it would literally fly. Every time you went out on the track, there was a pretty good chance that you, or someone else would die. Imagine driving around the Nurbergring at top speed in a bathtub with wheels.
                    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I love watching NASCAR! I stopped watching for a couple years after Dale Sr. died. He was the first driver I ever really appreciated. He was one of those people that was just larger than life. Dale Jr. races alot like him so I root for him now. I think he can win the Cup this year...

Comment

I think comparing Nascar to open wheeled racing is stupid... they are COMPLETELY different! For the guys that say Nascar is stupid and NOT a sport, YOU TRY IT! Just cause you think it's boring to watch, doesn't mean it doesn't take skill.

It's not like we were talking about wrestling... [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          take the face guards off the football helmets and let them kick ass and rumble.

[/ QUOTE ]check out some other codes of football. Try rugby league, rugby union, Gaelic football, Australian Rules Football. Broken legs/ribs/arms/skulls aplenty!
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                          X