Kawasaki ZRX1200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kawasaki ZRX1200

The wife and I have a neighbor that is offering us a 2002 Kawi ZRX1200 with 12000 miles for $3900. It's in good shape, rides nice, and the price is good (I checked kbb.com). We've talked about getting a bike since we moved to GA and it seems like what I had in mind - a good all-around bike. I've only ridden super sports and know that wouldn't be comfortable for her but we don't want a cruiser either. Anyone here have/had/ridden one of these?
    Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Re: Kawasaki ZRX1200

Those are the standard (old race replica) without much of a windscreen right?

http://www.sportrider.com/bikes/146-0502-ZRX-2-1.jpg

For all around plus 2-up touring you may want to check into a Suzuki Bandit 1200....better bang for the buck IMO
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

LOL! The one we're looking at doesn't look like that but that's the model. I'll check out the Bandit too.

Yeah, it doesn't have much of a windscreen. It's almost like it's an Eddie Lawson replica of his early 80s race bike.
      Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

The Kawi 1200 is a hell of a lot of bike! That price is good if you know how your neighbor drives, and he drives like a sane person [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Kawi's have great engines, and that should be no exception. If you buy it, you may want to have the springs in the front fork upgraded and the bike tweaked a bit for the 2 up load if that's how you're going to ride her. If she's setup for a single rider now, it'll be rough riding for two until it's setup (it's simple stuff). I'd say get a Beemer for two up riding but you wouldn't get one for 4 grand. So, if she hasn't been wheelied a lot [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I'd go for it. (And buy the wife an Arai if she doesn't have one yet!)
        Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

Zrex is a much better bike than the bandit. Great reliability, very comfortable for you and the wife, you could do 300 mile days 2 up easily. Keep an eye on the license, though.... They do GREAT wheelies. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

Working...
          X