Mercedes Benz lies in commercial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mercedes Benz lies in commercial

Maybe you all have seen this TV ad showing old racing car drivers nervously looking over their shoulders as a narrator intones "The world's first auto race was held on July 22, 1894 - it was won by a Mercedes"

LIE! [img]/images/graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

Here's an article that mentions the ad campaign & how MB is desperate to upgrade its image after lots of embarrassing problems with recent cars: http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news0...cedes_ads.html

I did research on that race, which was held in France. There were actually 3 winners, the first was a steam-driven tractor which was disqualified, possibly for cheating. The other 2 cars were powered by engines designed by Gottlieb Daimler, but one was a Peugot, the other a Panhard. "Mercedes" was the name of a daughter of a Benz distributor in the 1900s and did not become part of the co. name until 1926.

I know, I'm splitting hairs but I think it's ironic MB is bending the facts a bit in this campaign. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I also hate it when people don't pronounce Porsche correctly [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Re: Mercedes Benz lies in commercial

pronounced like porch.... lol/

Comment

Nah like 'Porsh'
      You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Shaddup ya goofballs! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

It's POR sha

as in Professor Ferdinand Porsche

http://www.porsche.com/usa/aboutpors...ry/milestones/
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Advertising became like politics a long time ago. As in "truth in..." [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]

Not unlike the Japanese automakers "padding" their horsepower figures for years, until now.

Comment

Without the Chrysler 300M, Mercedes is a money loser last year.
            Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

Lying in advertising.. who´d have ever thought [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Lying in advertising.. who´d have ever thought [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                Maybe thats why I have not gained another 3 inches [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
                  Maybe thats why I have not gained another 3 inches [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                  that expensive treatment & exercise program did nothing for the size of my boobs
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

So this guy goes up to a house in Rural Alabama (is there another Alabama LOL)

He knocks on the door of the plantation and says "I'll paint your porch for $100"
                    The man of the house thinks this is an outstanding idea and pays the guy up front. An hour later walks outside and is apalled at seeing his lime green Carrera....

eh, ok....
                    When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

BTW,

Call me when GM announces THIS IS YOUR Fathers Oldsmobile! with an excursion sized 4 door sedan with a 500HP motor and 4 wheel drive/ 4 wheel steering and independent suspension with fins!
                      When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

No more Oldsmobile or Plymouth. My 2 favorite car makes.
                        I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Someday I will post my pics of my highschool love machine...the 442W30!

I don't have pics of the Plymouth gold duster that my bud had but if that hood could talk, the feds would take us out for posession!

Comment

My dad had the sweetest 68 442 Convertible when I was a kid. He's also had a nice 67 and a 69 cutlass S
                            I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Without the Chrysler 300M, Mercedes is a money loser last year.

[/ QUOTE ]
                              where are you getting that, Jim?

you talking 2005 final year results?
                              the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Working...
                              X