Shipping Your Guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shipping Your Guitar

This is a shipping warnig!!!! I Work as Fedex Express,,,,no matter how you ship your guitar, Fedex, UPS,USPS, Fedex Ground, Dhl,ALWAYS INSURE,And ALWAYS GET SIGNATURE REQUIRED!!!!! It cost a few more bucks but will save you a ton of grief!!With the signatre it gives you a chance to look at the package for outer signs of damage before you accept it, also they cant leave it out side and say its the weather that damage your packagebe cause you left it outside,or it was like that after delivery becuse the couier said so!!most of these companys will take the persons deliverig the package word over yours,,a lot of times these packages arrive at your local station damaged where there supose to mark it damage from transit to that location ,,but if they dont do it they think you did it or it was that way to start,,and always pack your guitar the best that you can..at most of the delivery company's there not supose to accept a package if it improperlly packaged,,,but some times they wont pay a claim saying that its improperlly packaged...so i guess its shipper beware and careful!!! Thats some of the striaght dope behind all those smiles to get your bussiness!! [img]/images/graemlins/rant.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

Re: Shipping Your Guitar

Always do both...no matter how good a company is (DHL user here, sorry man [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]) it's just retarded not to get those, especially when dealing with a high dollar instrument

Comment

I just shipped a guitar and wanted to insure it for $1000.00. They told me that if it's insured for $1000.00 or more that UPS will open and inspect the package??? I insured it for $900.00 and they said it wouldn't be inspected. Is this just BS or what??? I don't want that bunch of dumbasses opening up the package!
      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Stop using UPS, dude.
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
        X