this is why we wear seatbelts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: this is why we wear seatbelts

In certain situations police do need to back off because it endangers the lives of others. Once they have the plate number its a matter of time before they catch the suspect. Thsi death to me was unacceptable the officer should have backed off as the helicopter was in the air and could have got him when he stopped.

Comment

How do they know if it's a good plate? How do they know from the plate who is driving, being a stolen car, they won't know. Comes back to the owner. Then they don't know if the owner did it, or the thief did it. If just a chopper follows, they could bail and easily get away before a car gets there...

Not many solutions to this really. It's a f-d situation...

Comment

The question is does the crime justify endangering others. Also regardless of the plate in this situation the chopper was in the air. Unacceptable.

Comment

Having a chopper in the air is pointless wihtout having ground units close behind.
          A chopper can only report, it cannot intercept.
          -Rick

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            The question is does the crime justify endangering others. Also regardless of the plate in this situation the chopper was in the air. Unacceptable.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, BUT... if there is a no chase policy, EVERYONE will just run.

A chopper would be thwarted easily by a busy building with an underground garage for parking. Pull in, hiding from the chopper, and blend in with the occupants. Gone.

There are no good solutions.

Comment

Ah wonderful, the Planet is finally starting to take action in the implementation of my "Stupidity WILL be punished" campaign [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
              X