Cheney cited for breaking law...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheney cited for breaking law...

Not for shooting a man in the fricken face with a shotgun, but for not having a $7 stamp on his hunting license...

Nice priorities, huh? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Re: Cheney cited for breaking law...

Well, he didn't break any laws by shooting the guy in the face. It was a hunting accident. Guys get shot and killed hunting all the time.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

He thought he was above the law with not getting the stamp [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img] Every bird hunter knows you need it. I always get the pheasant/quail stamp.

Comment

Why hunt pigeons?

Comment

Stamp? We don't need no stinking stamps!!

I had to laugh though, mentioning they had to get out of the car and shoot at the quail. I guess shooting from the car would have been a bit poacherlike, hehe...

Comment

I just thought the whole thing was funny. Big bad war pig out hunting tiny chickens. Come on! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              He thought he was above the law with not getting the stamp [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img] Every bird hunter knows you need it. I always get the pheasant/quail stamp.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bzzzt! Thanks for playing. He had the required federal stamp but he didn't have the brand-spanking new Texas stamp that they just began requiring this year. His office requested from TX Deparment of Wildlife "all necessary" licenses, permits, & stamps and the folks in TX screwed up. The stampe was so new they didn't even know to inform Cheney that it was required, hence the TX D/W's statement that they're simply issuing warnings to all offenders without this new stamp this season. It had *nothing* to do with Cheney thinking that he was "above the law".
              Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

The bad news: Cheney shot some 78 year old guy in the face with a shotgun. The good news: The guy was a lawyer!
                (sorry if you read this Keith, just couldn't resist!)
                [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bzzzt! Thanks for playing. He had the required federal stamp but he didn't have the brand-spanking new Texas stamp that they just began requiring this year. His office requested from TX Deparment of Wildlife "all necessary" licenses, permits, & stamps and the folks in TX screwed up. The stampe was so new they didn't even know to inform Cheney that it was required, hence the TX D/W's statement that they're simply issuing warnings to all offenders without this new stamp this season. It had *nothing* to do with Cheney thinking that he was "above the law".

[/ QUOTE ]

Pisssst....

'Ignorance' is no excuse. That why he was cited [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Y'know, there are plenty of reasons to criticize these guys without resorting to making them up. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

I bet it was an elaborate plan to avoid paying the $7. Clearly, going through the motions of getting the other permits was just a clever ruse. I'm sure he figured it was worth the risk of the media finding out about it and running the story, just as long as he could save the $7.

Comment

And as long as he didn't pop a cap in his buddy. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Hmmm....Let's see-

Everyone else had the stamp, except the VP of the USA? [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img] No one noticed he didn't have it, and neither did he! Not the attorney, not the owners of the land, not the guides, not the US Secret Service, no one? Amazing [img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img]!

News flash! The Texas Dept. of Wildlife 'screwed up'= Cheney's way of saving face, imho. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

yeah, this rises to the level of impeachment for sure.........liberals-hahahahahaha.This is news?

The only one who should be saving face is the lawyer who got his blown off [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Good point seed...

My question now is: Who's going to be Cheney's hunting partner now? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X