Dunkin Donuts trip photos!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dunkin Donuts trip photos!

As some of you might recall, my wife and I entered a contest last year and were runners-up in a wedding contest hosted by Dunkin Donuts. Well, we didn't win the wedding (a blessing in disguise) but we did win a trip to the Bahamas. The story, with detail and photos, can be seen here (it's a little easier I think.) Start with "#1 of 3" under the posts from 'mind's_eye':

http://www.vinniemoore.com/cgi-bin/i...e21;act=SF;f=1

Thanks to all that voted for us once again [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Re: Dunkin Donuts trip photos!

I'd rather go there than get married too!

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Looks like it was a great place to go!

CONGRATS~
    Charvel: Model1, 2 & 5, Surfcaster 12
    Jackson: DK2, JRS-2, Kelly

Comment

It was indeed. Thanks J.R. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Gorgeous pics! I just read your side note about the Maple Leaf Foods idiots. Sorry to hear about that, & I hope they didn't completely ruin it for you two. No one should have to put up with that crap on a nice trip like that.

Comment

My wife has been wanting to go there for years. That place is beautiful! I don't dare show her those pics. Congrats again, hope you guys had a blast.
          My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Oh man, I got all weak inside, lol. That place is beautiful man. Hey, I voted for ya, but I'm pretty sure this was MUCH better. Congrats to ya both [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks gents [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Regardless of what happened, it was a beautiful resort. The hotel and grounds were spotless, and the Bahamians were awesome. We have two notes to sent to the owner/manager of the restaurant we ate at and which had the best food (Le Med) and to the manager Graham at the Westin for making it memorable, even though we had to put up with all the crap from Maple Leaf.

Comment

beautiful location fo sho but where's the hottie bikini shots??? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  beautiful location fo sho but where's the hottie bikini shots??? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ooops! Sorry Shawn...

Now you know the reason for the 'double' suite and the king bed [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

So Maple Leaf Foods paid $1900 a night for your new rooms because you didn't have a stunning view in the other ones, and you griped to the President and threatened to boycott the company over their employees' behavior?
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      So Maple Leaf Foods paid $1900 a night for your new rooms because you didn't have a stunning view in the other ones, and you griped to the President and threatened to boycott the company over their employees' behavior?

[/ QUOTE ]

No that's not what happened, and that sounds a little ridiculous [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img] The 'upgrade' happened upon check-in after we brought the attention regarding the first room to the manager, and after the bell hops lost our luggage for over an hour somewhere in the hotel [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] I guess he was feeling generous to say the least accompanied with the fact that most, if not all the other rooms in the Breakers Cay section of the hotel were occupied. There was nothing the hotel could do about Maple Leaf, so I aired my grievance with the company when I returned, and I had every right to do so, all things considered. If you were on a trip w/ your wife, and you experienced what we experienced, you would have been p/o'ed too, trust me.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

I want to preface this by saying that when we arrived at our room, we were totally disappointed. We were in a lame, secluded area of the resort in a dumpy room with an equally depressed view. I told them our story about how we didn't book the room and we were at the mercy of the company that did.

[/ QUOTE ]

How is this the Hotel's fault? Wasn't MFF paying for the room you won as part of the vacation contest? If so, they have no obligation to splurge on you, and the Hotel didn't owe you a "better" room, regardless of your reason for the trip.

Losing luggage, however, is just a poor way to do business. If your staff is so overloaded that they can't keep track of everyone's luggage, hire more staff. Period.
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          [ QUOTE ]

I want to preface this by saying that when we arrived at our room, we were totally disappointed. We were in a lame, secluded area of the resort in a dumpy room with an equally depressed view. I told them our story about how we didn't book the room and we were at the mercy of the company that did.

[/ QUOTE ]

How is this the Hotel's fault? Wasn't MFF paying for the room you won as part of the vacation contest? If so, they have no obligation to splurge on you, and the Hotel didn't owe you a "better" room, regardless of your reason for the trip.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said the hotel was at fault NewC. People get upgrades all the time. All you have to do is ask. Like I said before, we were flat out disappointed with the room. I happen to also be an SPG (Starwood Preferred Guest) member, so maybe that helped a little. The room upgrade and the situation with Maple Leaf are two completely different subjects. Regardless of what room we stayed in, the outcome would have been the same [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                          X