Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HOCKEY!!!

[ QUOTE ]
    Endrik - Latvia fans are crazier then Canadians? Man, we breathe Hockey here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen Latvian fans many times, the others are total pussies compared to them. It's just not hockey, all the popular sports: basketball, soccer etc. but they always wear their Latvian Hockey jerseys no matter what the sport is. Their are THE crazyest MOFOs on the earth.
    4 years ago in Salt Lake City when Latvian hockey team played in Olympic tournament all the local newspapers there wrote about Latvian fans because people from the US had never seen such a thing.
    I've peronally seen those fans in hockey and basketball games. I have no words to describe them.
    A couple of years a go Estonian basketball team played in Europian Championship qualification round with Latvia. The game was held in our sports hall. There were about six thousand people and well about 300 of them were Latvians with their hockey jerseys. They started chanting LATVIA LATVIA half an hour before the game and they didn't get tired. Their voice never stoped. They did it even an hour after the game wich they won. I didn't heard ANY silence from them, ANY. They were 10 times loudern than 6000 of our fans and belive me our fans are loud as hell, but Latvians....well you have to see it for yourself.
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I went to the Blackhawks home opener vs Anaheim. A group of 6 or so Latvian fans sat right in front of us. They were posing for pictures, getting up while the puck was in play, rooting for Anaheim, and anything else annoying a person could do during a hockey game. No offense, but I honestly wanted to throw them off the 2nd mezzanine onto the ice.
      Occupy JCF

Comment

yeah they can piss you off but they are friendly...usually
        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Hockey Rules, NHL sucks. ever since they first got an American to run it. Now its ALL about the money go-figure. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] (just kidding, don't get mad.)

I can't watch it (NHL)since they fixed it so, LA-with Gretzky, would be in the finals with the Montreal Canadiens in the early ninetys. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Go Canada, Go London Knights!!

[/ QUOTE ]

no offense but NHL doesn't miss the so called fans you your type. In all fairness you probablly were never a fan of the NHL anyway [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]
          shawnlutz.com

Comment

Finland won Italy 6-0 but I gotta say that the Italian goalie is pretty good.

Comment

Shawn, partner, maybe my brains frozen but,I think you are wrong, eh. "so called fans you your type" Ouch.

"probablly were never a fan of the NHL anyway " Well, when i was a small child my official bedtime was at the end of the 1st period. Then I watched mediocre Leafs thru the 70's, Religeously watched hopelessly laughably awful Leafs battling it out for last in the whole league through the 80's and into '90s when they got ripped of by the league and that faking injury traitor Gretzky, and all the teams that got burned playing Montreal in the play-offs that year. and then there was like 30 something teams with stupid names and uniforms to ugly to look at(Coyotes??) just to get the big (US) dollars. ugh [img]/images/graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

EH?

Comment

Same here maxboost. I'm from Detroit area and lived through the whole "Dead things" era attended many games a JLA when you could always get tickets.

Although there have been many changes in the league since the late 70's and early 80's I'm still a major NHL fan, its a great game still. Sure there are weak markets and overexpansion by the league but there still is a lot of talent in the league.
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

jesus christ, yesterday Russia lost to Slovakia 3-5 and just now they won Sweden 5-0

I mean wtf??? Sweden lost 0-5 to Russia
                  Forsberg must heal fast

Comment

Canada got their ass whooped by Switzerland, 0-2.
                    Yesterday Swiss team won the Cze 3-2.

Very suprising results, wich is good IMHO.

Finlands seems the only one who destroys, and that is a good news for me.

Comment

Bummer for Canada. They did not play well today that's for sure.
                      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

that is the spirit of Olympic hockey, nothing is a given and Canada forgot they have to actually play to get a win. Just because you are from mighty Canada doesn't mean teams with less talent are gonna fall down and hand you the W.

There were some very questionable calls but this is international hockey, not the NHL. With all the power plays they had they should have put one in.
                        shawnlutz.com

Comment

Yeah, I wouldn't say they got their asses whooped... espeically if you look at shots on goal, and the fact it should of been atleast 2-1 if not 2-2 from some of those calls. But we really didn't put up a good game. The first two periods were almost boring to watch, although the third was very entertaining.

My only problem with that game is... why the hell didn't they have the camera in the proper position? The announcers here both said it went in, and they're both insane hockey vets (Been announceing/playing for over 20-30 years I think) and they did a zoom in, where you could SEE the puck in his glove in the net. But because the camera was on a angle they couldn't call it.

Go figure, if something like this happens in a game that actually counts, no-matter who the team is, I'll be pretty pissed.

Comment

I think it was a goal too but the replay was not conclusive enough to exactly to know where the puck was in the it glove so they couldn't say without a doubt it crossed the line all of the way. We all know it probably did but thats the reasoning behind the call.

Bertuzzi was in the crease on the other non-allowed goal and that was the right call...lame I know but thats the rule.

What I thought was lame was that Peter kak Mr Canada dude NBC uses down at ice level, he is so biased for Canada, saying the Russian ref had a thing for Nash and thats why...typical pansy stuff blaming officials. Canada pumped 49 shots on goal, they ran into a hot netminder and it happens. They had an ass load of power plays, couple 5-3's yet they shot themselves in the foot in the thrid by taking penalties when they were on the power play.

You have to give the Swiss team a lot of credit though...
                            shawnlutz.com

Comment

Slovakia kicked US ass 2-1

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                Slovakia kicked US ass 2-1

[/ QUOTE ]

far from an ass kicking but a loss is a loss. Not gonna be a good Olympic year for the Americans. Still have Sweden and Russia to play and if they couldn't beat Slovakia or Latvia they had a slim chance in thei remaining 2 games.
                                shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
                                X