Stupid companies and lazy people!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid companies and lazy people!

I just got home this evening expecting to see my new countertops. Let's just say it wasn't cheap.

I decided to save $200 by removing the old ones myself last night - that went smoothly and took about 1.5 hours.

Well, after 7 hours (a promised 3 hour job) the island wasn't installed because of a large scratch. They'll try again Friday, MAYBE if it comes out with buffing.

They cut another counter 1.5" too short - of course it's the one with a sink. Oh, they installed the sink anyway, but did not reattach the drains or faucet. All neatly in a box on the counter.

Also, they didn't grout/caulk the backsplash to the counter. Apparentlt that's not part of a complete install either [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Full service job eh? BTW, I was told the 'sink would be installed' - which I thought meant it would be functioning when I got home.

Oh, one last thing, they didn't put the dishwasher back either. Real cool that in three weeks I have to reinstall everything again and grout the backsplash myself.

Please don't ask what it cost me, it hurts too much to think that they can basically measure it and drop it off at my house - and then take two guys 7 hours to do it!!!
    When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Re: Stupid companies and lazy people!

I have had similar experiences like this by hiring friends or friends family that "Needed work".
    I only hire if they have jobs that are completed good that I have seen and references of satisfied customers I can talk to. No more helping friends.

Comment

I did the family job thing on my wifes side 1 time and that was the last time. Put it this way, I don`t talk to that dude to this day, like 3 years later. A scam is a scam regardless of who did it, but when family does it, it is twice as bad. Good luck bro-Jack.

Comment

the business world has made quite a transistion - from customer service to making an easy buck. just be grateful your country makes quality guitars.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Working...
        X