No announcement yet.

Cell Phone Text Messages (Must Read)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cell Phone Text Messages (Must Read)

I like my cell phone to just be a cell phone, to make calls! I can send text messages or IMs on my phone, but it's on a pay-per-use basis when I do, and it's very rare.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I use text messages for only one reason: if someone says to me, "Yeah, I have his phone number/e-mail/address/whatever, do you have a pen?" Text me with it. Otherwise, call me on the damn phone.

Comment

I dont know about you guys I dont beat around the bush when I call someone I just get done what needs to be done.
        It takes me longer to send a text message that is two sentences long then to call the person and say it.

Some of you guys are like women use the phone for 20 minutes when all you had to say to them took less than a minute and the other 19 are just BS.

Also I dont care what context or use it is when you intentionally spell something wrong you develop bad grammar habits, ask any English professor.

One last thing I BS on the phone with my buddies alot but not with stupid text messages.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          I dont know about you guys I dont beat around the bush when I call someone I just get done what needs to be done.
          It takes me longer to send a text message that is two sentences long *then* to call the person and say it.

[/ QUOTE ]
          Same here.
          But you mean than, not then. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/fart.gif[/img]
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I hate cell phones. I hate text messages more. I can't live without my phone, but I don't feel the need to awnser it every time it rings...

Comment

I manage a shop where I am often on three calls at once... And STILL have people askiug me shit in person....

Gotta have that text shit... or I get hung up talking to some I dont wanna.

Comment

well some people need these phones for official biz..OK..they are exempt from my wrath..maybe.

but the rest of you can pile up your Cell Phones so I can pee on them...I'll R Kelly those sons a bitches.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I use E-mail for my biz because I hate talking to the general public.

Comment

cool deal AK..

Hey is there still a cool Thrash scene or resurgeance in the Bay Area!!

It's lame in cleveland...we got metal but it's pretty gay! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I believe all the gay bands here own cell phones..pink ones [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

no, they just DON'T own cellphones... Ahem, cough cough...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        [ QUOTE ]
                        [ QUOTE ]
                        I use text messages like mad. I hate talking on the phone and there are a lot of times where I have a yes/no question and I know calling is going to turn into a 30 minute call.
                        I try to spell stuff out, but the character limit forces me to abbreiviate.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1
                        I do the same thing bro, i was just waiting for someone else to post it first [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here...

I have a 300 out and unlimited in, and have used them or gone over.

Sometimes, I just DON'T wanna talk to someone but need to give them info, quick and now.

Sometimes, I just can't be talking to someone as I'm holding on a call, or actually talking to a customer.

Sometimes, I'm around others and can't say what I have to. Or would like to be non-verbal for etiquette reasons etc. I hate talking to someone on a phone while in a restuarant or whatever, I text back.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1 on all of this. I am in sales and are either face to face or on the phone all day long. I hate talking on the phone. TXTS are easy and less of an annoyance plus it gives you or the person time to respond. I use proper spelling because my phone has a keyboard but I don't expect others too it is a pain to txt on a normal phone.
                        I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                        So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          O.K.
                          I am really mad at people sending text messages and not spelling the words out. Also using numbers to me this is unacceptable even if its informal context. Buddy to buddy. It promotes bad grammar as well as incorrect spelling which will spill over to your school and or job paperwork. If I send you a message I take the time to spell the word out and use at least some punctuation. I am not perfect I don't expect Racer X levels of grammar and spelling performance.

Also I prefer to talk to you on the phone. Send me a text if I don't answer. I don't have an hour to sit there and send stupid messages back and forth when we could have said everything we needed to in a five minute phone call. Girls are the worst about this. I like to spend my free time typing crap on the JCF not something I can say to you in person or over the phone.

Thats it.

[img]/images/graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hear hear!!!!

Right on, lad....

But it's not a Cell phone, it's a Mobile phone.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            I use E-mail for my biz because I hate talking to the general public.

[/ QUOTE ]
                            what's with all this abbreviating? Aren't you promoting bad grammar? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I use my mobile to call folks, I also use it to text. As John said, sometime the situation requires that I NOT call someone, in which case text is more convenient. eg. my wife can't keep her phone on her while she works, but if text her, I know she'll get it when she gets around to checking. And sometimes I just don't want to call someone & get caught up in a lengthy conversation, but text still allows me to get info to them.

Yo Bill!! I have a bunch of Nevermore, Shadows Fall, Iron Maiden, etc riffs that I have clipped offa CDs and uploaded to my phone as ring tones. When someone calls me, everyone on the train gets to rock out! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

"Yo Bill!! I have a bunch of Nevermore, Shadows Fall, Iron Maiden, etc riffs that I have clipped offa CDs and uploaded to my phone as ring tones. When someone calls me, everyone on the train gets to rock out! "

Really, now that's cool...I'm gonna get a cell phone.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                cool deal AK..

Hey is there still a cool Thrash scene or resurgeance in the Bay Area!!

It's lame in cleveland...we got metal but it's pretty gay! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I believe all the gay bands here own cell phones..pink ones [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The Bay Area Thrash/metal scene will never be like it was when I was a kid. Even Joe Satriani and even Metallica would come to the small shows up till the mid 90's it was cool.

There is a scene but never like it was I personally think it kind of stinks but some others may not agree with me. Its all these gay liberals around here.

Comment

Working...
                                X