No announcement yet.

Cell Phone Text Messages (Must Read)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cell Phone Text Messages (Must Read)

My cell phone is my only phone. I'm very curtious with it though. If I'm talking to someone face to face and my phone goes off, they'll just have to wait until I can get back to them. I fucking hate it when someone tells me to hold on midsentence so that they can answer their phone.

I really think kids need to be taught cell phone manners. Apparently this generation didn't catch on that they can't drop everything that they're doing to answer a call. Bad cell phone manners are just as bad as any other manners. You wouldn't chew with your mouth open on a really hot date would you? You wouldn't throw your leg up onto the table of this really nice resteraunt shoving your foot into the cleavage of this buxom babe and shit in your pants would you? No, probably not, I doubt that would get you laid. So why would you answer your cell phone?

Comment

AK...I hear ya...well at least there is still a "scene"..sorry about the liberals...we have those too. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Metallicarocks....good point...I wished people would take that advice.. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Pfft! Text messages are cheap, fast, discreet and convenient. And they're easier on the batteries than making an actual call. I'm happy my girlfriend prefers to send messages instead of calling all the time, because I get a lot of them. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I don't mind abbrevations in short messages or in online gaming chats, but when people use them in e-mails or forum posts - that's just retarded. Seeing someone consistently write "u" instead of "you", "ur" instead or "your", or "r" for "are"...that awakes my desire TO BASH THEIR SKULLS IN WITH A REALLY HEAVYWEIGHT GUITAR! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

...And that type of "spelling" always makes me back out of potential deals. If the guy can't even be bothered to spell properly, how can I be sure that he's bothered to correctly present the item? And in my experience, most of the people typing like that have been arrogant, snot-nosed kids - not exactly the kind of people I would trust with my money...

Comment

so what R U tryin' 2 say SB..

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

*grabs the 750XL by the neck* [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I guess I need to get a keyboard for my phone, people won't adapt to me so I have to adapt to them....sigh...

By the way I abreviated biz to be sarcastic...he...he...

Comment

I hated celluar telephones until my car broke down on the side of the interstate on the way to work one day and I had to walk 5+ miles back to my apt. because there was nothing else around and I needed to call into work to tell them I'd be late.

Comment

texting has its place. my kids will text me with phone numbers of their friends where they can be reached, which is nice because i don't have to write it down. Also info like if they go to a movie where they shouldn't talk with what time it gets over to pick them up. i don't like talking on a phone more that 30 seconds, so if i forget to ask something, i just text it. it is just emailing over the phone so you can get the message anytime you can. what does drive me nuts is when the kids text with stupid shit like "Hi, whats up, etc..." small talk using a dozen or so sends, when they could just call. they flip the phone thinking they are Capt. Kirk ready to beam up. they can text so fast to where i takes me forever to push the buttons. piss me off.
                  ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

I am not trying to bash all text messages, just the BS inimportant ones when you can pick up the phone and call.

I remember pagers getting big when I was in highschool and we would send text messages by using the numbers only and you had to flip the pager upside down to figure out what was meant. Also abreviations were use to. Example:
                    143--I Love You.

Comment

You USA people think you've got it so bad. Try comunicating with UK mobile users, especially the under 30's ("chavs"). What a truly stuck up, arrogant, ignorant, blunt bunch of arseholes. The younger, the worse. I have a mobile phone as my only point of contact. Its rarely answered or called from. If depreciation/devaluation wasn't an issue, I'd have sooner traded it towards a guitar. Fuck everybody else. Your workplace is plastered in notices stipulating "Turn your phone off" and naturally some twat's phone rings in the call centre. Thankfully, no-one's been exceptionally stupid enough to send a bluetooth message in the office, but let's not tempt fate..
                      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Working...
                      X