Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBS Recruting for another season of Rock Star.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CBS Recruting for another season of Rock Star.

I'm probably going to take a few hits on this one, but I never saw the big deal with Van Halen. Didn't matter to me who the singer was, most of it pretty much sucked to me.

I mean they had some good songs, but I never saw or heard anything overly special about them, even Eddie. Dude just never did much for me. Never understood what made him stand out as a guitar great.
    Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

Hey guys, look...DROSS is back! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

If you don't get it from the tunes, I can't explain it to you my man.
      Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Never understood what made him stand out as a guitar great.

[/ QUOTE ]
        Just no one did what he did back then, and he spawned a whole generation of copycats and finger-tapping fools!
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Jorn Lande has a great voice but in VH???? I would hate it with passion.
          VH needs a funny dude whos voice is based on old blues and rock'n'roll, VH needs a wild American frontman.
          Lande is too pure, too Europe and lack of blues voice character and isn't a party hard freak.
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Hey guys, look...DROSS is back! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              I'm probably going to take a few hits on this one, but I never saw the big deal with Van Halen. Didn't matter to me who the singer was, most of it pretty much sucked to me.

I mean they had some good songs, but I never saw or heard anything overly special about them, even Eddie. Dude just never did much for me. Never understood what made him stand out as a guitar great.

[/ QUOTE ]

you gotta be kiddin' me, ONLY Hendrix has influenced more players than him.
              Eddie re-invented the guitar playing, he made tons of guitar techniques popular, he invented the modern tone, he made guitar playing "out of the box"
              ALL the lead players since the 80's have ripped-off something from Eddie.
              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

toejam, I love that dancing roach. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I can't believe you held on to that. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Who threw that up originally...Cleve? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Dross used to go apeshit when that would pop up. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Yeah, it's courtesy of John's site. I didn't hold on to it, I just did a search and found it. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                  X