When it rains, it pours...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When it rains, it pours...

Well, we were getting ready to close down our shop early next month, So yes, losing my job (that I love) March 3rd. Well, in an act of smartness and unknown to me, the manager, the main shop owner dropped the building contents insurance last week.

Wellllll... A serious wind/rain storm here tore the whole roof covering and insulate off my shop last night, leaving just the corrigated metal that is full of holes. The way the building was built, the roof drains into a 6" pipe that is actually inside the building, that drain was torn off the roof too, leaving a 10" hole to the inside of our business there for the all the roof water to drain to, and well, into our shop...

We're fairly flooded, everything near the floor is soaked, carpets etc, drop ceilings are half down in the offices. Two of the three computers and the fax are soaked. Open tool chests are full of water, lotsa electrical test equipment soaked, one chest drawer was submerged with a $8k Snap-on scanner in it... Ugh...

A couple cars are soaked inside, they should dry out. Luckily a customers 65 mustang and a Porsche 928 both with windows down, stayed pretty dry. So, coulda been worse...

But jeez.. Nice friggin day...

Re: When it rains, it pours...

Seems like the manager needs a boot in his ass for being a douche and dropping the insurance without letting you know!
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Damn, that sucks.

Comment

The biz owner did it, I'm the manager... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm sorry to hear about all this John.

Comment

Oh, I thought you meant the main shop owner was the manager. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Well, the owner needs his ass beat! Sorry to hear.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

John, I'm sorry to hear about both the shop closing and the building damage [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
              shawnlutz.com

Comment

WOW. That was really stupid! I had a guy insured through me with his life insurance. One day he came in and canceled it. Two weeks later he was car jacked and killed. He left his family with nothing. STUPID! And no I did not car jack him.
                "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
                I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Was any of the equipment your own personal stuff? If so, I'd say the owner owes you some reimbursement. That really sucks. How come it is that you only ever need insurance when you don't have it?

Comment

Wow, hope you find something you enjoy soon John.
                    Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Sorry to hear about that. My very best wishes to you that you'll find a new gig soon.
                      Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

I'm not gonna call you anymore Johnny, I think I have passed on my curse to you. Sorry about that man,everything I have worked for the last 4 months has just dissolved up on me as well. this day is one I don't wish to be a poart of, i wish I could just turn off for a few months ya know.
                        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

that blows dude. sorry to hear that.
                          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Very sorry to hear that, John. Your shop owner is indeed a fool, that storm would've been a windfall to him as he closed down had he not cancelled the insurance. I'm sure similar decisions on his part led to closing down the shop, as I know you are top-notch in all your chosen vocations. I hope you find a better situation soon, you certainly deserve it and will be a huge asset to anyone who hires you or goes into business with you. Keep faith in yourself!
                            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Thanks for the kind words guys. You all do make things seem better.

You better not quit calling Tommy! These things just happen man, we'll both get out of this.

Rich, I need to print your post and read THAT every day. Thank you very much for the kind words.

I know why the owner did it, as he was major pressed for dough and over extended on credit trying to keep us all in a job till things picked up this summer. He didn't want to lose the shop or us employees. Sad it played out like this.

Hope it looks up soon for all of us who have been hit hard lately, I'm sure it somehow will.

Comment

Working...
                              X