Daytona Picks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daytona Picks

NASCAR starts up again this weekend with the 500. What are the picks.
    I'm going with the ringer Tony Stewart to win. I expect to see Jr, Edwards, Gordon, and Martin in the top 10 in no particular order. Jimmy Johnson will be lost without his crewchief for a few races.

It will be interesting to see what NASCAR does to police the Bump Drafting this year.

Edited for spelling

Re: Daytona Picks

I want Jr. to win but I thing Busch and Newman may be a force to be reckoned with. Mikey looked strong during the Bud Shootout too.
    Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

dale jr. all the way. but i'm biased. i work for budweiser.

Comment

I don't know why, but I want Mark Martin to win. Yes, I do know why. He is a class act. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] And a great racer. I wish they would take the "plates" off and let them race. These "super speedway" races looks more like a herd of wildebeasts.(sp). If they fly off the track, so be it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

I wouldn't mind seeing Martin win, but I'd really like to see Sadler catch a break. I just don't think a Ford is going to win it with the brand new car this year.

Comment

Year in and year out I always root for Rusty Wallace to win! And year in and year out I always get disappointed. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
            "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Year in and year out I always root for Rusty Wallace to win! And year in and year out I always get disappointed. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, that's one less thing you have to worry about this year.

I'm not looking forward to all the dang DW commercials.

Comment

I second the Mark Martin opt.I would really like to see him walk off with the championship,too..A class act,that is an understament...

If they took the plates off,those cars would probably go airborn...Bill Elliot turned a 210.3 mph lap at Daytona in 1987(in a Thunderbird),you can bet that in the body redesigns and powerplant technology today,they would easily hit 230+ and it would be much less of a race and more a four wheeled version of "Survivor".
                Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, that's one less thing you have to worry about this year.

I'm not looking forward to all the dang DW commercials.

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

first time winner this year...
                    Why hunt ... when there is no machine gun season?

Comment

First Cup win or first 500 win?Martin has never won the 500,many would like to see the 6 in victory lane at the end of the day...
                      Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

I like Johnson or Gordon, but thats just me.
                        "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          I like Johnson, but thats just me.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">too much info, Jim!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] j/k my friend - [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I'd like to see Kahne take this one but he doesn't do very well at the super speedways..... </font>
                          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

too much info, Jim!!

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I also like Waltrip, but we'll see. I think he and Jr traded crews this year? That should be interesting
                            "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

A good friend of mine.....

#32 Tide Chevy - Travis Kvapil.

How's that for a dark horse pick?

Comment

Working...
                              X