Getting old ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting old ??

Apologies to Emthrax or any other ladies that read this. I am really not a chauvanist, but I know this post can be construed as such:
    So -
    I'm out at the bar tonight with some guys I used to work with (transferred back to the company I used to work for - started there at age 22, left when I was 30, back after a 5 1/2 year absence)
    Well - they came up with nickname Wayniac when I was younger and a bit more foolhardy, and REALLY intense. For some reason, they wanted to see if I was still as nutty as I used to be ... the guys ranged from age 22 to about my age (I'm 36, they were about 38 or so)
    Tonight, there was this GORGEOUS blonde there... and I always had game, even though I really don't have looks. She is 31, looks 25, KILLER bod, cute face - like a cross between Jenny McCarthy and Elizabeth Shue, with a touch of Carmen Diaz (eyes) mixed in.... The kind of girl I haven't been with since I was single many moons ago... ( I have a live-in girlfriend)
    Anyway - guys are crawling all over her all night - I was kind of blowing her off - cordial, but that was about it. Soft glove/distant worked...
    By the end of the night she is pretty much exclusively talking to me, etc... had a REAL good shot
    Anyway - since I have a GREAT girl at home (who else would let their guy go on a tour with Caffery and put up with my shit - buying gear, going out with the guys,etc??) , I basically was playing along, got a nice peck or 2... then I sort of came to my senses (though I REALLY would have liked to have been single and waking up at her place tomorrow)...
    Anyway - she was showing her TINY red lace thong.. and I knew where the "line" was.. but it was when I decided I needed to step across the LINE and make some distance- I had to say " Nice thong - take it off and let me guess what you had for lunch!!" lol [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] She had NO sense of humor [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/rant.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/stupid.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img]
    Basically, at that point, I was done (knew it before I said it).... [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img].
    Sad thing - I really didn't give a shit ! Had I been single and trying, i would've been WAY more laid back about it.. always time to close the deal, even if it takes weeks or months.. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] But I had nothing at stake and couldn't leave there with her anyway.I'll flirt, but won't cheat. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
    I guess my question is - why the hell would I intentionally derail myself like that?? Am I FINALLY growing up? WTF is wrong with me?
    All I hear in my head these days is old school "yea, you really thought this out - one vagina for the rest of your life"
    Am I done?!?! [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img]

Re: Getting old ??

just be happy you have one to be with.

Comment

you got nothin' coming from me...except total respect. Way to go. Someone at home would be thankful you made the right choice. Stay true to your woman.
      I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        you got nothin' coming from me...except total respect. Way to go. Someone at home would be thankful you made the right choice. Stay true to your woman.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/stupid.gif[/img]

Comment

Flirting is cool... but if you have someone waiting for you at home, leave it at that.
          Never disrespect your woman.
          You made the right choice to screw your self out of a screw. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          -Rick

Comment

You're not getting old. You're just wise enough to realize that you shouldn't throw away a good thing.

On the subject of a woman not having a sense of humor...

Years ago I was at a bar with my girlfriend (now my wife) and her brothers. A group of girls having their roaming bachelorette party came into the bar. The bachelorette has a white t-shirt on that she's been having people sign with a magic marker. Her and her friends are pretty drunk. The shirt has things written on it like "whore" "slut", you know, real creative things. They ask us to sign it. Being a creative person, I write "breathe through your nose, it'll all be over soon". She asks what I wrote, one of her friends reads it to her. She gets SUPER pissed! "What kind of shit is that, what kind of girl do you think I am????" I tell her, uh your shirt says whore and slut all over it. Then we laughed and walked away from her.

Comment

I'd have got in her pants. IF I were single.

Comment

Live in girl friend says you are still not ready to commit. If you feel the way you do (as in the bar episode), shit or get off the pot. Or jump back into the fire I say. Playing games will only leave you playing with yourself in the end.
                The Buzzard does not fear
                The man in riot gear
                Harvest a skull of stone
                The Buzzard grows his own...

Comment

You don't have to be old to be wise........Wait,isn't that a song [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ...+1,Flametop.You have a conscience.It just kicked in.......
                  Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

You did the right thing. Though, I had the opposite happen to me tonight... the chick I hooked up with has a boyfriend (and a three kids from her failed/abusive marriage). The new guy treats her well and allows her and her kids to live with him, but she said she's not married so she can do what she wants. Works for me! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Who is Carmen Diaz?
                      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Live in girl friend says you are still not ready to commit.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea? My "live in girl friend" and I were together for 9 years (and 3 kids) before we finally got married, over 6 years ago now.

I wasn't afraid to commit, I just didn't see the point since we had already done everything except pay for an expensive antiquated ceremony with some religious connotation that neither of us buy in to.
                        Hail yesterday

Comment

I touched my moobs while reading this thread [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I liked your closing line. I can see where you had game. You might have had a better chance if you stood there, crapped your pants and said that's how I roll. She would have been all over you dude.
                            "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
                            I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Who is Carmen Diaz?

[/ QUOTE ]

She's the gal who lacquers Canadian fretboards! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X