Cannibal Corpse new album KILL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannibal Corpse new album KILL

Anyone else a fan of em? I knew about em for awhile, but I never bothered to pick up one of their CD till Spawn of the Wretched. This new album sounds killer, I can't wait for it. There are 3 new songs uploaded here:

http://www.metalblade.com/ecard/CCEcard3.html

Re: Cannibal Corpse new album KILL

I was a huge fan, but lost interest in deathmetal.. Tomb of the Mutilated is my fav corpse album
    "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

cool, thank you!

i'm a HUGE cannibal corpse fan. it's my alltime favorite death metal band, PERIOD. there's nothing better than the twisted yet melodic style alex brings into the band, mixed up with the totally CRAZY pat o'brian riffage...that man is GOD [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] he's the jeff hanneman of death metal...shut up and play yer guitar [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] besides, his sound kills, both live and in the studio.
      having that said, i don't care much for pre-the bleeding cannibal corpse. kinda mindless imho...pretty much exactly what i dislike about most other death metal bands....just fast all the time. sure, there are a few killer songs on these records. the bleeding was OK...like 7/10 OK...vile was even a tad worse imho.....but from vile on it all went uphill and hasn't stopped since...gallery was GREAT, very diverse, bloodthirst is my personal favorite...gore obsessed was the only slight letdown...the production kinda ruins this album for me....but the wretched....WHOA.....insane. frantic disembowelment [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

That sounds great!! Hope they tour the US. Jack.

Comment

they will. actually they canceled the wacken open air show in order to play a full US tour....thank you, damn yankees [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]
          good news is that iirc they're also gonna do a headlining euro tour, so.... [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

Wicked! Thanks for that. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
            THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Cool, i'll have to pick it up.

Comment

CC rules.
                Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Oops.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    i don't care much for pre-the bleeding cannibal corpse. kinda mindless imho...pretty much exactly what i dislike about most other death metal bands....just fast all the time. sure, there are a few killer songs on these records. the bleeding was OK...like 7/10 OK

[/ QUOTE ]
                    I agree. I haven't even listened to Butchered At Birth in like 10 years because I can't stand the vocals. The old stuff is just fast and the vocals are even faster... it's just too hard to follow along with while even reading the lyric sheet. The Bleeding was much better, Chris Barnes' vocal approach was much better, and you could understand what he was saying without reading along. I absolutely love that album! I've liked the stuff I've heard after it,with George on vocals, but the only thing I've picked up is The Wretched Spawn. Guess I need to look into the other stuff.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I've heard various tracks, but the only CD I picked up was the last one. I already pre-ordered KiLL (btw, it's like $12 with shipping at CD Universe.com) I've seen em a few times and Pat is a freakin monster player. Gonna look into pickin up some more of their stuff, but my issue with older (and even some recent) death metal recordings are the horrible quality. I've missed many great CD's because of that though, so I think I'll just go for it

Comment

Sounds fukin' excellent and I'm glad Rob Barrett is back in the fold after Jack Owen left.Can't wait to see them when they come around these parts.

Comment

well, rob and jack both are cool guys, in their own ways. rob is a very cool dude to hang out with, i met him last year when i played a show with CC. i haven't met jack unfortunately, but if you look at live pics or the DVD he always looks STONED...lol.
                          i prefer jack's soloing, though....more melodic. the "festering in the crypt" lead is very cool. i love that dark harmonized stuff. pat's a wanker, so is rob...well, regarding leads. both - esp. pat - are riff monsters....outstanding.

Comment

Thanks for the great news!

Comment

http://www.metalblade.com/ccpreview/ccpreview.html

Some more previews of the upcoming album

Comment

Working...
                              X