Cannibal Corpse new album KILL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cannibal Corpse new album KILL

Holy Crap is this album sound good!! Can anyone tell me what these guys use in the way of Amps(and effects) and Speaker Cabs abd the speakers in them? I want, I meen I nead this tone [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

The tone is kinda similar to the last album, which in that case it was Pat's B.C. Rich flying V loaded with EMG's into a Triple Rec. I think that's all he used (that was his whole setup as described on the bonus DVD that came with the last album)

Comment

Seems like i am a bit different because my favourite CC album is Tomb. I also really like Eaten and Butchered. CC is still one of my 5 favourite Death Metal bands. Actually they were the first DM band i listened to when i was 14 and are still among my favourites. While i like Gallery i thought that with Unleashing the Bloodthirsty and Gore Obsessed they got a bit weaker in my eyes. Now the Wretched Spawn again kicked as and it seems the new one will also be killer. I really can't wait to buy this album.

Flo
        http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

"The tone is kinda similar to the last album, which in that case it was Pat's B.C. Rich flying V loaded with EMG's into a Triple Rec. I think that's all he used (that was his whole setup as described on the bonus DVD that came with the last album) "

boosted with a boss mt2. pat's been doing that for ages, sounds stellar, even live. rob barrett used to use that exact same setup (well, dual instead of triple recto) for malevolent creation, so i guess he'll be using it for CC, too.

Comment

Ah, so they use Boogie Recs eh, I wonder what cab and speakers? The suprising part is that they boost a Rec with an MT-2 pedal, I thought the Rec had a ton of balls already? I bet they use modified MT-2`s? Thanks-Jack.

Comment

uhh...now you got me. pat used to use marshall cabs, but i can't recall whether they were loaded with gt75 or v30 speakers.
              for wretched they tried a bunch of cabs, and finally settled on the vintage 30 loaded crate cabs. he's got a full stack in his rehearsal space, check out the pics on their website. you can also see his triple rec, very cool thingy....it's an old 2 channel version, blackface, built in a shockproof rack [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

nah, bone stock mt2. the trick is to keep the gain off (rob) or almost off (pat), and crank the level all the way up. cut some bass and treble, and fine tune your sound using the parametric mid EQ. after all that's why they're using it in the first place [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              ah yeah, they also use EMG pickups....for the seven strings pat always had the 707 in the bridge, but IIRC he used a six string tuned to Bb for wretched because he prefers the real emg81 sound. i wonder if he swapped the 707 for the new emg81-7 since then.
              as for the balls comment....rectifiers LOVE to be pushed by a boost. andy sneap usually used a tubescreamer, i know a few folks who use the sd-1, and well, pat's using the mt2 for his super brutal tone. and brutal it is.

Comment

Let me just also add, you can hear a total tonal difference when they start recording too. There's one part on that DVD (nother reason to pick up the last CD if you haven't) where Pat's playing, then the tone changes as the producer is at the boards. Whether he's EQing or that's the way it sounds going through the studio gear I don't know, but it's interesting to see that the tone your hear playing in front of you may not be the same tone that'll come out on the record

Comment

yeah, i noticed that, too. you can also cleary hear what his tone really sounds like during the gear walkthrough IIRC:...there's a short (5sec or sth) section where you hear an "unprocessed" version of them playing frantic disembowelment (the main riff).
                  much brighter and really raw.

Comment

Jack used some 300 watt Crate head and Crate cabinet on The Wretched Spawn, with a Digitech 2101 preamp he said a fan gave him awhile ago.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

well, he said he's "checking them out" during the gear walkthrough, but he certainly didn't use them for tracking. during the "decency defied" tracking scene you can clearly see the rack he earlier showed during the walkthrough, and it's turned ON. he surely was using the 2101, like for the last couple of albums.
                      btw, did i mention that you can also see pat's mt2 somewhere on the shelves near his triple recto?

Comment

Is Pat the one with really long dark hair and stands on the left side of the stage? Jack.

Comment

Well, Jack was bald, so yah, that was him [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Got to hang with him at a Napalm Death show in NY. He's a very cool guy. Someone took a pic with me and him, but damn if I can remember cause everyone I was with was wasted, as was Jack btw. Cool info with the MT-2, didn't know that. Thanks [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

actually, right now he's standing on the right side, rob's now on the left [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            i met all of them (well, rob instead of jack) last year at the german party.san open air. cool guys, all of them, except for pat who rather came across as a dick, but maybe he was just having an off night, who knows.
                            had them sign a cd i had in my car....funny thing is that it was tomb of the mutilated, one of the 3 records that are illegal here in germany [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                            X