Small favor, please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small favor, please

Would somebody mind coming over and repairing the transmission on our crappy second car? We're sort of in a bind, since our main car is in the shop getting the FUCKING TRANSMISSION REPAIRED. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
    The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Re: Small favor, please

What kinda car?
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

just got my trans fixed this week.$1876.01 worth.Coulda bought another nice axe with that cash [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]
      "The cup floats pretty good till you get 2 or 3 people on it"~Vinnie Paul

Comment

That's what I do for a living. At least till March 3rd haha...

Transmissions suck...

Comment

Sorry to read your post about the insurance, roof, shop... hope you find something better than the one that is going away, bro! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Keith

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            What kinda car?

[/ QUOTE ]

Backup car is a 92 Civic, auto. Won't shift into 4th, or reverse, so I'm thinking 4th clutch. But watchout, I'm hell on wheels for 1st to 3rd! AND I DON'T BACK UP! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Stick or auto?
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I'm assuming automatic, because the 92 civic has a 5th gear, and you don't exactly need 4th gear to get into 5th [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I used to have a 93 civic, I could have done without 2nd and 4th gear, I always went, 1 3 5.

I've got an Accord now, that I think the tranny may be showing signs of "I want to crap out on you at the worst possible moment". Then again, Honda makes a great car, so if it shits the bed, I'll have another one put in.

Ax, if you're reasonably mechanically inclined, and have the tools (if you're driving foriegn, metrics should be on hand :P I've got more metric tools, than standard anymore) you may be able to do it yourself.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Ax, if you're reasonably mechanically inclined, and have the tools (if you're driving foriegn, metrics should be on hand :P I've got more metric tools, than standard anymore) you may be able to do it yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, Swapping most front wheel drive transmissions without a lift is a world of hurt, haha... And finding a "good" used Honda trans of that vintage is often less than easy.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Man, Swapping most front wheel drive transmissions without a lift is a world of hurt, haha... And finding a "good" used Honda trans of that vintage is often less than easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have the shop manual, but I can't imagine doing it myself. Not enough of the right tools. Not enough of my nine lives left. Even if I could find a rebuilt / warrantied one locally.

In the 80s, when I was maybe 17, I dropped the tranny on my 57 chevy without a lift. Or floor jacks. Or ramps. Did not know the sonofabitch was cast iron until it nearly killed me. Pulled it out, took it to get rebuilt, took it home and put it back in. Dug a hole in the back yard, parked over the hole, and went to work. Two speed Powerglide.

Come to think of it, getting it out was easy, getting it back in was a real bitch. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Oh, and yes it is automatic. For six years now we've been trying to kill this car, but it just wouldn't die. Now I keep thinking, "just one more year... just one more year..."

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Well, multiply that chevy trans exponentially, in pain and suffering and you're getting close. A rear wheel drive is a walk in the park. We'd prolly have a trans out of that chevy in 25 or so minutes barring rusted bolts.

We build Honda units, and my builder has 20+ years experience, and well, HE gets stumped here and there. Honda transmissions can be a bit of a pain.

With all the resources we have, we still get whacked here and there...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          That's what I do for a living. At least till March 3rd haha...

Transmissions suck...

[/ QUOTE ]

+1! I'm sure when metaljunkie see's this you'll get a quick "+2!" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

No 4th and reverse on a Hond4 can only mean one thing. 4th/reverse fork, slider, hub, and possibly 4th and reverse gears are fucked. metaljunkie's a tranny builder, and he may chime in since he likes working on the imports. Cleveland Metal is right, it'll be damn hard to find a decent used unit as Honda's get very year and motor specific. [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm thinking I'll cut out a big square of the floorboard on the driver's side, hinge it and put it back in with a doorknob, and just go Flintstone when I need to back up. Don't need to go over 40mph in it anyway, so won't miss 4th - but not having reverse kinda sucks. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Dug a hole in the back yard, parked over the hole, and went to work.

[/ QUOTE ]

ROTFLMAO! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

That is the most redneck thing I have ever heard.

Comment

Working...
                              X