Pott's American Muscle Car thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pott's American Muscle Car thread

Yep that's right I'm at it again. There can't be a year without a muscle car thread. So post away your favorites!
    Oh and please, PLEASE keep them between 64 and a half and 71 [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

The ONE muscle car I WANT: a '69 roadrunner

With hemi of course.

Galons per miles anyone?

Another all time favorite for yours truly, a 1970 Dodge Challenger

This time I'd rather have a 440. I hear they're easier to mod. And well they could keep with a hemi until about 70 mph so what the heck.

And well call me cliche, but I had a Mustang wallpaper for a while that I miss.

Post away dudes!

Re: Pott\'s American Muscle Car thread

Here's my dream muscle car...66 GTO baby [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Someday, I hope to find one I can afford and send it to Mark, mm2002, for restoration [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

389 Tri Power

Comment

68 Firebird. Of course, I would love to have any of the 1st generation Camaro/Firebirds. But this 68 is giving me that happy feeling in my pants.

Comment

Only two choices for me. A triple black AAR Cuda or TA Challenger. I took these at Carlisle a few years ago. I don't know why I torture myself by going every year. Prices on mopars are insane.

"My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

I've had a few really great cars over the years, But out of all of em I wish I still had my 69 Mach 1 428 CJ, I put Hooker headers, dual holleys B&M tricked out tranny, Mickey Thompson cheater slicks, centerlines, it was unreal, Red, I'll try to find a pic and scan it.
          I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Hmm, now the pic I put on there isn't showing up. Let's try it again.

Comment

A Fav...

'69 Mach1

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Only two choices for me. A triple black AAR Cuda or TA Challenger. I took these at Carlisle a few years ago. I don't know why I torture myself by going every year. Prices on mopars are insane.

[/ QUOTE ]

The word sexy doesn't even begin to explain how... sexy these are.

Comment

Well, I couldn't find good pics. However, if I had my choice, I would take a '66 Fairlane with an R code 427. I chose the '66, since I don't know if a '64 Thunderbolt would really qualify in your definition of a Muscle Car, being that it was a Super Stock factory offering that wasn't readily available to the public. I have a real soft spot for the early Super Stock cars and prefer them over the later "muscle cars". Give me an R code Galaxy, a 409 Biscayne/Bel-Air, Max Wedge Polara/Savoy, 421 SD Catalina, etc.

I mean, really...so many great cars from the era. I have owned a '65 GTO, it was a great ride. I also had a '70 Cutlass convertible with a W-31 "Ram-Rod" 350, and that was a sweet small block 'vert. I had friends in H.S that were Olds fans...so we had another W-31 as well as '68 442 Ragtop with an RHS 468 cube big block Olds in the crew.

I tend to lean towards the rare stuff, over the run of the mill stuff. Everyone wants a 'Hemi, and the prices reflect that. However, keep your Street Hemi equipped Road Runner and 'Cudas...I'll take mine shoehorned into a Dart....or at least in a '69 Daytona. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Too many cars to choose from, really.

Mike
                  Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Currently under full restoration...my 63 Wildcat. I got this car from Arlen Roth about 7 years ago. It's a documented matching #'s car and the only 63 Wildcat built with a factory 465/360hp engine.

Comment

We had a neighbor with a Superbird exactly like this when I was a kid. That thing was badass.

Comment

Not mine, but close enough!
                        When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Ahhhh....cool thread! Nice taste in cars guys!
                          My favorite muscle cars are the 1970 GTO's. Here's some before/after pics of one I did last summer. I don't know what it was about this particular one, but I fell in love with it. The poor car had been hot rodded, repainted twice, drag raced, and generally abused throughout its life. I found the car in a field where it had sat for about 8 years. The pictures don't really show how bad it was, but by most standards it was beyond hope. The whole car was basically one big rats nest (literally!) I returned her to exactly how she left the factory back in 1970. These cars don't deserve to die!

Before:

After:

My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Here's something I posted a few months ago that's pretty cool. It's a video of Jim Shine's '69 Charger restoration.

http://videos.streetfire.net/player....5-C6776D167B58

Comment

I own this bad boy since I was 15 just finished rebuilding everything. 1968RSSS 396, Yes you can tell I really own it because the garage is messy. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                              Never mind you guys are just gonna have to wait a few hours for me to post a few outdoor shots,sorry for the tease I deleted the old pics.

Comment

Working...
                              X