3 Years ago tonight.............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 Years ago tonight.............

GREAT WHITE: Families Of Victims Mark Nightclub Fire Anniversary - Feb. 20, 2006

TheBostonChannel.com is reporting that family and friends are remembering 100 people who died at a GREAT WHITE concert at a Rhode Island nightclub fire three years ago.

NewsCenter 5's Shiba Russell reported that a memorial service was held Sunday (Feb. 19) on the site of the Station nightclub fire in West Warwick, R.I.

During Sunday's service, the names of the 100 victims were read aloud, followed by 100 seconds of silence.

"We don't call it an anniversary. We call it a memorial because anniversary is kind of happy," said Regina Sanetti, who lost a niece in the fire.

On Feb. 20, 2003, 100 people died after pyrotechnics for the hard rock band GREAT WHITE ignited packing foam on the club's walls.

"It is just a tragedy of all these souls. These young people are all gone — all these families and sorrow," Sanetti said.

Three years later, it is no easier living with the grief, families say. About 300 family and friends attended Sunday's service.

"It is as acute today as the day it happened. That never diminishes," said Chris Fontaine, who lost a son in the fire.

Only the former tour manager for the rock group GREAT WHITE admitted fault. Dan Biechele set off the pyrotechnics. Prosecutors said he's agreed to testify against the club's owners during the criminal trial.

Re: 3 Years ago tonight.............

What a tragedy. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] RIP folks.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Wow, it's been three years already?? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Man I remember that like it was yesterday. What a horrific night.

My thoughts and prayers to those lost and their families.
        "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

may they rest in peace

Comment

I remember seeing the footage it was all over the net then.
            I was sickening to watch, many were trying to get out and hearing all the screaming and no one could escape. Very sad.
            Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

I remember that night like it was yesterday as well, sad for those that perished, glad for my friends that were not there that night....
              Changed my outlook on clubs forever... especially when I tech - I really scope the place out when we first get in there and all the lights are on... then try the routes after all amps/cables, etc have been run...

Comment

This proves that nothing good can come from a Great White show.
                Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

as horrific as this was, I had to LOL at the comment somebody made about this killing all 50 of the remaining GW fans.
                  the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

> I left work with chest pains that Wednesday,and went to the ER. Even though I told them I had no reason to believe that this pain was a heart attack symptom,they treated me for it anyway. They called my normal doctor and he said to hold me overnight. The next day,I was getting up off the bed to go home,because he had the release form in his hand. He changed his mind again,and held me over another night so the cardiologist could take a look at me,further milking my BC/BS insurance. The next day they did that heart cath test,despite my urgings. As fate would have it,the test came back clean,but my femoral artery didn't seal back up like it was supposed to,so I laid flat on my back with a 35 pound sandbag on my hip and package for 12 hours and missed my son's 1st birthday DAMMIT. I had talked off and on with the cardio all that day,and he said it was a shame because GW was a great band,he said he really liked their Zep covers. I asked him if I really had a heart attack cause my regular doc swore I did,and he said with this test we just ran there is NO way you did and us NOT know it. He asked if I had any illegal drugs in my system and I told him I wasn't into man-mades,just smoked pot. He said "well hell,who don't?" Tommy D.
                    "I'm going to try and work it out so at the end it's a pure guts race......because if it is.....I'm the only one that can win" - Steve Prefontaine

Comment

That was sad!
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                      X