Computer help... please...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer help... please...?

Suddenly, my dial-up connection status box opens up about every 3 minutes from the task bar to tell me that I'm connected and for how long. Just like a pop-up ad, but I don't get any of those. This just started a couple of days ago. I'm running Windows 98 (still!).
    Is there a way to stop this?? Thanks.

Re: Computer help... please...?

GO into the control panel,click Modem icon,and check all the settings to make sure it's not set to do that..On a side note,I went to Radio Shack a few months ago and asked for a 14.4 modem and the kid had NO CLUE what I was talking about...
    Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

I know, it's time to update. But it's working well with no issues (except this). Like my Grandpa used to say, if it don't stink, don't go pokin' at it.!

Comment

I'm sorry if you misunderstood,I was merely sharing my experience.....By the way,this antique is running Windows 98 SE,so don't think I was being condescending in any way...
        Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

Windows 98? Modem? What the hell are you guys talking about? Are those computer terms?
          My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Pretty soon we invent the wheel, right?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Windows 98? Modem? What the hell are you guys talking about? Are those computer terms?

[/ QUOTE ]
              Yeah, I was using those up until 6 months ago. Bought me a new computer with XP, and I've got a cable connection now. Wheeeee, much, much faster! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
              X