X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Am Meth

Kick ass poem about the dangers of meth:

http://www.snopes.com/glurge/iammeth.asp

I like the first version. With some editing, it could make a great death metal tune!
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Re: I Am Meth

I need to print this off and post it on every bulletin board in this county. Meth heads are everywhere around these parts. Nothing pisses me off more than to see some tweaker in the grocery store using food stamps. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Meth is a scary drug. I use to do it all the time "back in the day." That was 12 years ago. I look back at those times with total regret. Nothing like seeing yourself self distruct. Everytime I spot a user or smell the chemicals associated with it, I almost want to wretch. It was a hell of a hole to climb out of.

-N
      Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Mmmm, I wanna go get me some yummy meth now!!
        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I rented out a room in my house to a gal that seemed nice. She paid the rent on time for about six months. We got to talking. Turns out she spent 2+ years in jail because she wouldn't name the other perps that were busted for meth. She moved in her daughter, age 6, and that was fine by me. Then I saw empty packets of cold capsules in the garbage. Then, I started to smell "ordors". It was all explained away. But, I knew. I didn't want to "know" what I knew. Well, after over 2 years in stir she fell right back into it. At least, she said she couldn't pay the rent and moved out. I watched her come out clean and looking good to just crashing and burning. Meth is evil . [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
          I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Meth is a cakewalk to come off of compared to Heroin.
            Both drugs suck, but I never knew what was the big deal about stopping meth. All you do is sleep it off for days.
            It seems to me that people's lives deteriorate a lot faster when they are on Meth. I scratch my head about that to this day.
            Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

It has a lot to do with personality. I was like you. But, some people have addictive personalities and have problems kicking stuff. One of the main issues that I had was giving up the friends that I had that revolved around the drug. It was like bam.... No friends. It felt like isolation. Also learning how to cope with socializing without the common variable around.

-Nate

-Nate
              Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Here's the kicker. Apparently, she hitched up with her old friends or found new ones. That room turned into a crash pad. I am addicted too beer and that is bad enough. I have never tried anything stonger than grass, and very few times at that. I now, I would get hooked in a heartbeat and I am convinced that all that other "shit" would kill me on the spot. Call me a pussy. But, I am a 55 year old pussy and still have billions and billions brain cells left. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Not only that, due to my 6'6" bod, my liver is the size of a rugby ball. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  It has a lot to do with personality. I was like you. But, some people have addictive personalities and have problems kicking stuff. One of the main issues that I had was giving up the friends that I had that revolved around the drug. It was like bam.... No friends. It felt like isolation. Also learning how to cope with socializing without the common variable around.

-Nate

-Nate

[/ QUOTE ]

that's a strong point my man that I was not thinking about.
                  You're dead on balls accurate with that one. Whenever I got out of the tank, my phone stopped ringing cuz I was not picking up any more tabs for anyone. until I fell again of course. it does get lonely, and I take back what I said completely. Birds of a feather I guess.

Comment

I just remember writhing through the worst withdrawals of my life, not getting a wink of sleep for over 6 straight days, while I watched the Meth dudes snoring like babies, it was pretty frustrating.

Comment

it has a lot more to do with how your brain is wired. the "addictive personality" thing kinda drives me nuts, but i understand the reference.

imo, and from what i've read and heard about addiction, you either have the addict gene or you don't.

another point i've heard and can TOTALLY relate to is that you can be more susceptible to certain drugs. i'm like tommy in that i have to stay way the hell away from any kind of opiate; that's what flipped my switch, so to speak. i've known plenty of people who'd gak their brains out at the drop of a hat, but they could walk away from smack like it was nothing. it's weird how the brain responds to that stuff. it's also really sad.

sully
                      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                      Sully Guitars on Facebook
                      Sully Guitars on Google+
                      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I was always a big fan of floating away on a cloud of tities as opposed to baking muffins and painting the kitchen at 6 in the morning.

Comment

Yup, that's what always wound my clock .

Comment

I was a '60's kid in the 'burbs. This was when weed was not even known about. We first discovered beer and wine and it was "Good". That was our fun. Then a few "hip" guys had grass. Remember, back then it was a crime. We tried it a bit. But it didn't take for the vast majority of us. We would go to Berkeley and cruise Telegraph Ave. I will never forget a "speed freak" talking to himself. Scarred the shit out of me. We had a highschool guy who inhaled what was called "Can-O-Frost". It was an areosol cooler for glasses. He walked around our area like a zommbie. Those sights were an eye opener. I won't even take aspirin. Just more beer and, sometimes, cheap boxed wine. I know I have an additive gene or personality or whatever, but I have chosen my poison and I'm sticking to it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              I was always a big fan of floating away on a cloud of tities as opposed to baking muffins and painting the kitchen at 6 in the morning.

[/ QUOTE ]

EXACTLY. when i was at my worst with the prescriptions, which was about 20-30 of a combination of valium, demerol, and vicodin, i didn't do it to escape or get loaded, really. at that point in my life, i was doing that to "deal with people" and life in general. it was a bad time that i'm glad is long gone. but i never really felt way loaded; a little floaty when i wanted to enjoy it, but for the most part, just maintaining.

anyway, good times. meth is bad, mmmkay?
                              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                              Sully Guitars on Facebook
                              Sully Guitars on Google+
                              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                              X