Port Security. UAE all the way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Port Security. UAE all the way

How is it that we have to outsourse the security of our nation? Talk amounst yourselves. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Re: Port Security. UAE all the way

I'm sure that the UAE will do a fine job managing our ports. They are very good with finances. Just ask the Taliban. And they're great at handling trafficking. Just ask the boys they bring into the country.

C'mon people, lighten up. It's not like we're providing Pakistan with fighter jets or anything.
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Just for the people who dont know what is going on....

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11474440/

"After mounting opposition by politicians, President Bush said Tuesday that the deal allowing an Arab company to take over six major U.S. seaports should go forward and that he would veto any congressional effort to stop it."

We will see about that. Wonder how much someone got paid for pushing this though.

-Nate
      Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Gotta love George, he will convince everyone this is in our best interest. I'd love to know what is finacial interest is in this, lets see UAE=oil, W and all his buddies, Oil men, I think this starting to make sense
        I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          he would veto any congressional effort to stop it."

[/ QUOTE ]
          What a tard (not you Nate)... he can only veto it if it get's less than a 2/3rd majority. C'mon 66%... tell Bush to take his veto and shove it up his a$$! [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]
          -Rick

Comment

Don't worry this will never happen and maybe I'm giving our leaders alittle more credit than I normally do. But I see this flying like a lead balloon, its going nowhere. Think about it? Putting Arabs in control of our seaports, very stupid move indeed.
            Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Yeah, that'd be like letting the Chinese have a huge seaport on our land

COSCO Long Beach, anybody? [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Well, if we didn't..

That would show major Bias and really make us look bad to the Arab world..even more so..it displays that we do have good relations and can work together..I think that is a big part of it.

We have to do biz with them..I'm sure all the I's were dotted and T's crossed and maybe some palms were oiled..I assume!

Um..it's good PR for us...I guess. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Fuck the Arab world. Bush has his head squarely up his ass on this one.
                  Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Ummmm yeah..Well that's how I feel about it...but the majority doesn't see it that way..

I know, fuck the majority.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

I should know better.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

The Bush clan has been in bed with the Arabs for many years. That's why he will be fighting for them to take over the ports instead of doing the right thing and not selling yet more of our country to the Arabs.

Bush doesn't care about foriegn policies with the Arabs, he cares about his own business relations with them and I'm sure he stands to make more money from this deal than anyone here will see in 5 lifetimes.

I wouldn't worry about it though, because as we've seen many times over the last few years with Bush no matter what the middle east does here in the US they will just make more new laws to restict us for our own "security". [img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img]
                      Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Well, if we didn't..

That would show major Bias and really make us look bad to the Arab world..even more so..it displays that we do have good relations and can work together..I think that is a big part of it.

We have to do biz with them..I'm sure all the I's were dotted and T's crossed and maybe some palms were oiled..I assume!

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the rationale they're using, but there are thousands of better & less controversial businesses for the UAE to invest in here. It almost seems like the administration is testing to see just how absolute their power is right now. If I were a Republican member of Congress, I'd be beyond pissed that they pulled this BS going into an election year. Right now, an override of Bush's veto is just about guaranteed, but we'll see what happens once all the cards are played.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Well, if we didn't..

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, you are probably the last person on the planet I would have expected to hear that from. Damn.
                          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Just once, I would like to see congress put the smack down on Bush.
                            It would be a first, but the little tard from Texas needs to realize he works for "us" and "we" need to put him in his place.
                            -Rick

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Fuck the Arab world. Bush has his head squarely up his ass on this one.

[/ QUOTE ]
                              +1
                              I'm usually on W's side but I can't figure this one out.

Comment

Working...
                              X