Taking Pictures of guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking Pictures of guitars

I need to take some pictures of my guitars so that I can get them all insured. When doing so, I'd like to post those pictures to my web site. I'd like to take the pictures so that I have a white background--sorta like this:

How can I go about taking pictures like this? The only equitment I have is a digial camera. I used to have some photo software that will allow me to take out the background color--but if someone could recommend something else.

thanks,

joe...
    www.godwentpunk.com
    www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Re: Taking Pictures of guitars

Get some bright lights, and lay several white sheets down behind for a backdrop.
    Talk to some insurance folks, I've heard repeatedly that making a claim for say $10k, just pisses them off and your rates go up for a long time, -they will get their $$ back out of you. I understand that you're better off to only make a claim if your house is a total loss, otherwise they'll always get their $$ back and quite a bit more.
    Ever notice how many insurance guys have yachts and go to Hawaii all the time?

Comment

I hear ya. I guess cataloging them would be good enough so that if I had a total loss, at least I can provide that I had 'em...

White sheets and bright lights? I think my wife will be wondering what's going on in the basement. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

joe...
      www.godwentpunk.com
      www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Ever notice how many insurance guys have yachts and go to Hawaii all the time?

[/ QUOTE ]

Insurance guy here. I represent uh I mean resent that comment. he he
        "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
        I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Cheap workshop lights from WalMart (the clamp-on metal shaded ones), som 100w frosted bulbs (clear ones will tend to leave filament reflections) and those generic/cheap white sheets or drop cloths.
          Might need 3 sheets layered to completely cover the background, as white sheets are generally more sheer once you hit them with lights.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
          X