Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I\'m so drinking tonight

There might be a beer or 2 with lunch
    I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      [ QUOTE ]
      [ QUOTE ]
      Why wait till tonight? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">agreed!!........like that's a surprise - [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] </font>

[/ QUOTE ] Dave, it's a good thing we are not neighbors. We'd get nothing done..........ever. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua"> [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I believe you may be right! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font>
      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Dude, do you have a drinking problem? It seems like an aweful lot of your posts lately have been about drinking, or "I'm trashed out at a bar right now", "I'm drinking a keg by myself right now", yada yada.

Not trying to give you a hard time or say you shouldn't have a good time. But seriously. Warning flags are popping up in my mind. Maybe they should be in yours, too? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">most would say the same about me, but trust me, words are words, that's all. I'm one of the most responsible people you'll ever meet but I'm sure I sound like I'm not. Don't get me wrong, I'm a lush, but a responsible one - [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

EDIT: by the way, I knew you didn't mean me, I was just making a point - [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]</font>
        Dave ->

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Dude, do you have a drinking problem?

[/ QUOTE ] No, he's working on his liver problem.
          Scott
          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I'm by no means an amateur, but my playing time is limited. I make the most by not only drinking for relaxation but also taste. I punnished my liver enough in the 80's and 90's that it is in semi retirement now. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

<font color="aqua">In the wise words of Homer Simpson:

" I hate you brain, I'm going to kill you with beer" [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] </font>
              Dave ->

Comment

when are you not drinkin bro? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

No drinking problem here. If it was a problem it would effect my normal everyday life. Do I drink every night, nope but I do like to drink. I show up for work everyday at 7am put my 40-50 hours in a week. I'm a single 23 yo guy who lives by him self

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    <font color="aqua">most would say the same about me, but trust me, words are words, that's all. I'm one of the most responsible people you'll ever meet but I'm sure I sound like I'm not. Don't get me wrong, I'm a lush, but a responsible one - [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

EDIT: by the way, I knew you didn't mean me, I was just making a point - [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually Budman, you DO sound like a very responsible person. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

In any event, you're not repeatedly posting about drinking all the time. Like you're obsessed with it or - at the very least - it's something that's such a significant part of your life that you constantly look forward to it and want to share that outlook with others.

Like you said: words are just words. And these are only posts on a freakin' internet forum, so the wrriten word doesn't always convey the true meaning well. I could be completely wrong. Probably so. But then again...

Comment

It's not like I have kids or anything to be responible for either. Tonight I'll gethome. Throw a steak on the and start off with a mixed drink and play guitar. What were you doing when you were 23??

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        If it was a problem it would effect my normal everyday life.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrongo. That's a stereotype. You don't have to drink every day to have a drinking problem. Or any kind of substance abuse issue, for that matter. It can affect different people in different ways.

Young single guy, sure you should party and enjoy yourself. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

But it seems like your discussions of those "good times" seem to center on the act of drinking itself or how trashed you were. And often.

Again, not trying to give you a hard time. No offense intended. Maybe it's nothing. Just think about it and be honest with yourself, that's all I'm saying.

And that's all I'll say on the matter, becauase I really could be totally offbase.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          [ QUOTE ]
                          Boss wouldn't appreciate me sitting here with a Guinness (or two, or ten) at my desk with two guitars behind me. Plenty of Sam Adams Cherry Wheat in the fridge at home though. While it may be 5:30 somewhere, sadly it isn't here.

[/ QUOTE ] Todd, that's why you are supposed to save your coffee cup from Starbucks or wherever. Refill it with booze outta your desk drawer all day long. Just tell the boss it is a bottomless cup 'O' java.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry. My boss knows me too well. He knows I hate coffee. He also knows that I can't work from home because of the Guitarsenal.

Sometimes I've got a big mouth.
                          Occupy JCF

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            What were you doing when you were 23??

[/ QUOTE ]

The same, bro. Not criticizing your lifestyle at all.

But, when I talked with my bros about what a "good time" was had, it was all about the party, the friends, the girls. The drinking itself was not the story. It was background. The good times with friends/girls was the story. See the distinction? Maybe that means something. Or maybe it doesn't.

'nuff said. Sorry.

Comment

I'll be wasted until Tuesday night.

Mardi Gras, for you lightweights! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Mike
                              Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

You're totally right, its all about hanging with my buddies and tring to scam on chicks. I raley drink alone. That's just boring. At the house tonight I'll have a few people over than we'll hope in a cab and head to the bar.

Comment

Working...
                                X