anybody in india or ever been?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anybody in india or ever been?????

My mom just arrived there to be the it directer for h and r block till mid april. I want to make sure she has a safe and fun time
    I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Re: anybody in india or ever been?????

Tell her never to give any money to childrens or adults begging or she will be surrounded by 20-50 of them.
    NEVER drink water from the tap and always try to find bottled water instead. I reckon the folks at H & R will advise her where not to go.

Fong

Comment

Ya, all the safe stype has been taught,
      I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

My Dad worked there for a while. He says it's VERY dirty, and stinky. There isn't much regard for human life either. He saw a homeless guy get hit by a bus, and the bus just kept on driving. No one stopped to help him either. He just lay there bleeding in the gutter.
        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Half of the guys I work with are Indian and a few of the honkeys I work with have been there. We talk on the phone to locals in Bangalore fortnightly.

Let me know what part, North, South, East, West or a city? I can get some info for you.

Overall it's not too dangerous, just get a cab - it's worse than Mexico for driving and cows wander around the hotels [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Our buisiness there had to be relocated because of a monkey infestation too [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Re: anybody in india or ever been???\"??

"He saw a homeless guy get hit by a bus, and the bus just kept on driving. No one stopped to help him either. He just lay there bleeding in the gutter. "
            whoa, that's quite shocking.
            but then again, with a population rated around 1.3 billion (iirc) i guess things just have to be different. plus it's a totally different culture. i'd not be surprised if they actually think of stuff like that as divine intervention, or maybe even as a blessing..."he'll be reborn into a better life", or something along the lines of that

as for the actual topic, sorry, can't help you [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              My mom just arrived there to be the it directer for h and r block till mid april. I want to make sure she has a safe and fun time

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats who i work for.Those guys over there drive me nuts.

Hello, my name is Dave..

IT-Okay, could you please spell your name
              me-D
              IT-b?
              me-no, d as in Dave
              IT-c?
              Me -ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Fuck.................

I also love it when they tell me their name is Bob..yeah right.lol

When i call IT and i hear that accent, i hang up and try until i get someone on our side of the world.PITA, but its worth it in the end.

Tell her to stay safe, i dont think our company would put her there if it wasnt safe enough to be there.

Comment

I have been there. I spent a few days in Mumbai, and in Bangalore. While in Bangalore, I was doing some work at Infosys' facility (you software-programmer types have heard of them, no doubt).

I have traveled all over the world. I've been to Turkey, China, Thailand, Germany, Korea, Japan, England, and more. I have never felt farther away from home than when I was in India. I found the entire trip slightly surreal. A few paragraphs can't even begin to describe the contrasts in financial status that I saw. The poverty was mind boggling. At 11:00 at night, 3 and 4 year olds were running around in the shop-lined streets. Most of these people lived in their shanty-like shops, in the little areas behind them. I saw one shop owner who had a contraption that squeezed the juice out of sugar cane into a glass, which he sold. That was his gig - he sold sugar cane juice. Car exhaust fumes were everywhere, and yes, there were skinny cows walking around like they owned the place.

By contrast, the Infosys campus had rolling hills of green grass, a Starbucks, a Pizza Hut (or Dominos; I can't remember), and looked a lot like the US.

I met some wonderful people while I was there, including one young woman whom I was working with who gave me some crafts indiginous to her town. I thought this was an incredible gesture, considering what they must have cost her compared to what her income was.

When I returned from my trip and walked in the door of my 2800 square foot home, I felt guilty. I lived in a mansion compared to where those people lived.

I am a better person for having gone; I appreciate what I have more, and I have gained perspspective as to how lucky I am for where I live, and the home I have earned for my family.

Having said that, I don't want to go ever go back.

- E.
                Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Working...
                X