• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KISS - Firehouse

From the Mike Douglas Show - 1975

http://www.youtube.com/?v=EBpPVuL5s-c

Any idea what Paul is playing here?

BTW, I also think that Paul has always been underrated as a singer.

Re: KISS - Firehouse

That's probably an Ibanez. I think he's pretty much always played Ibanez.

Underrated as a singer? Nah, he's one of the best frontmen of all time. One of my favorite singers. Very distinctive voice.
    Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

yeah, it was a v that was built for him. the top wing was shorter than the bottom. kinda like a bound carvin ultra v.

and yeah, paul's easily got one of the best voices in rock.
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I've always thought that the whole image of the band overshadowed his actual singing ability.

I don't think you would be allowed to breathe fire on most talk shows today.

Comment

oops. sorry, didn't see st.james' post. it's not an ibanez; paul had a few custom built guitars in the early days. at that era, he was playing gibson marauders, firebirds, and he had this v and one other one.

sully
          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
          Sully Guitars on Facebook
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Paul is a very talented singer, just listen to the end of "God Gave Rock And Roll To You" where he does that high pitch gospel thing, it's pretty impressive
            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              oops. sorry, didn't see st.james' post. it's not an ibanez; paul had a few custom built guitars in the early days. at that era, he was playing gibson marauders, firebirds, and he had this v and one other one.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we're on the same posting schedule today. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Interesting, didn't know that. I guess I never paid much attention to what Paul was playing. I just assumed they were all Ibanez.

[ QUOTE ]
              Paul is a very talented singer, just listen to the end of "God Gave Rock And Roll To You" where he does that high pitch gospel thing, it's pretty impressive

[/ QUOTE ]

Listen to his entire solo album. Dude is a killer singer. Just before Psycho Circus was released they were playing the title track on the radio. I turned it on about middle of the song and instantly knew who it was.

Comment

I think Paul is suppose to have another solo album coming out soon. Seems like I read something about it, but I don't remember the detals. Definitely one of my all time favorite vocalists.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  I think Paul is suppose to have another solo album coming out soon. Seems like I read something about it, but I don't remember the detals. Definitely one of my all time favorite vocalists.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be cool! I just hope Gene Simmons doesn't have anything to do with it. I would hate for the success of his "Asshole" to rub off on it. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

CAn you imagine being one of the old ladies on Mike's audience that day?!?! They must have been saying, wtf was that!
                    "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

He had some custom made v's by some guy from NY I believe. He actually got married recently which is funny cuz I thought he was gay.

Comment

scoring thousands of chicks doesn't sound gay to me
                        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

nice bum note screwup looking cool Gene! That was fun..one of the reasons why I play today.

Comment

Just thinking back when KISS was mysterious. Remember not knowing what they looked like and all the aura that surounded them? But... the first thing that got me hooked was the music.

I was in 3rd grade music class. Strangly, it was a Catholic school. Teacher drops the needs on Rock and Roll Over. The first few notes of I Want you echo through the lunch room. Hmm, sounds like crap. But then...
                            "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

Ace is the reason I play guitar. I love old footage like that.

Yeah Frosty, I could only imagine what the older people must have thought while watching that. Probably the same thing I think when I hear some of the new shit that's out there today.

Comment

Working...
                              X