X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh Come On!

Bono? A Nobel Peace Prize nominee?

http://music.msn.com/music/article.aspx?news=216549
    Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Re: Oh Come On!

The Nobel committee jumped the shark years ago but nominations really aren't that big a thing. You might recall the Tookie Williams saga out here in California, he was also a Nobel nominee thanks to some dipshit anti-death penalty egghead on the faculty of a European university who nominated him as a way to protest California's death penalty.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

flame away, but i like U2. they have an awesome live show. and i really like the edge. sure bono can be full of himself, but not anymore than any other famous actors, musicians, etc.

anyway, i'm sure bono is not responsible for nominating himself.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

This is the second year in a row Bono's been nominated for the Nobel Prize, that I know of... maybe it's been more...

Hell, if Yassir Arafat could WIN the Nobel Peace Prize then how can you be surprised Bono's nominated? Is Bin Laden next?
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Now the question is: Who amougst the rockers, now that metal is dead, will get the "Nobel Piece" prize? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
          I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Hell, if Yassir Arafat could WIN the Nobel Peace Prize then how can you be surprised Bono's nominated? Is Bin Laden next?

hey it's not arafat's fault the israelis invaded his fucking country and bulldozed it...but hell who are we to comment? last israeli that got asked about it on bbc tv a few years back accused the reporter of being anti semitic because he didn't think it was right that israel can just invade a country and take what they want...fuck's sake...hypocrites

delete this if you want but i blame israel entirely for whats happened in palestine over the last few years..i think it's atrocious

Comment

Considering the 6-Day War, as well as the U.N.'s own guidelines of Israel's borders, Israel has done nothing wrong.

Then there's the whole thing of that land being given to Israel by God Himself, but that's another debate entirely.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                hey it's not arafat's fault the israelis invaded his fucking country and bulldozed it

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen,
                I say we take all that land off the market. A real dirty explosion and no one can claim it for 50-200 years. I am pretty sick of all the middle eastern trouble.

Do these people worship dirt, or a God? Quit worshipping the damn soil and fighting about it.

Really, Israel violates human rights as much as any other nation -trial my helicopter - real nice.

The palestenians brainwash people into blowing themselves up. People are generally sick and this just proves why America - as flawed and corrupt as it is is a lesser of these evils.

Don't get me started on politicians. If you want a taste, go to a homeowner's meeting. Seriously - after everything I have seen in my short life, it was my first couple of dealings with land developers, lawyers, and home owners association that proved to me man is essentially evil, or that many people are quite willing to suppress their natural morals.

Tell me why Bono shouldn't get a peace prize? He may not be the 'best' candidate, but he hasn't done anything but help people as far as I know. I know he's some kind of leftist, and there have to be better candidates, but really, that's why they pick from the nominees, right?
                When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

At least Bono is trying to make the world a better place instead of just jamming his money up his nose like most "rock stars"...

Comment

Working...
                  X